All About Ice Skating

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
sweeling
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Ice Skating for kids

Post by sweeling » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:57 am

Dear Mummies,

Now you can bring your kids for ice-skating at JCube.
They have this cute little penguin to help the little ones to ice-skate.
I brought my kids there and they had great fun.

http://teamspore.com/reviews/the-rink-jcube-penguin-skating-aid.html

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:5

Re: ice skating

Post by titank » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:03 pm

So it is better to start roller blades then follow by ice skating? Seem like only 2 places to learn is either JCube or at Kallang Leisure Park.

Kiasu singaporean
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Ice skating

Post by Kiasu singaporean » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:56 am

Hi,
I'm thinking of taking up figure skating lessons. Can I still take part in competitions without memberships? BY the way,how much do club memberships cost per month? Can anyone recommend a good coach in figure skating and how much do they charge?

xiaostar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: All About Ice Skating

Post by xiaostar » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:21 pm

Liliana pink
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Liliana pink » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:25 pm

Hello,

Anyone knows when the Learn to Skate weekly lessons start?

ZuEn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by ZuEn » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:47 am

I just signed my 6YO girl for the Learn to Skate Level 1 and started our 1st lesson last Saturday at The Rink in JCube. My girl loves it.
Accordingly to the chart in The Rink's website, there are like 4 levels (and 5 lessons per level) before we can proceed on to the figure skating classes. Does anybody know if this is the only route to go?

The sales at the counter doesnt seem to know much.

gurlinsg3142
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by gurlinsg3142 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:31 pm

[quote="ZuEn"]I just signed my 6YO girl for the Learn to Skate Level 1 and started our 1st lesson last Saturday at The Rink in JCube. My girl loves it.
Accordingly to the chart in The Rink's website, there are like 4 levels (and 5 lessons per level) before we can proceed on to the figure skating classes. Does anybody know if this is the only route to go?

The sales at the counter doesnt seem to know much.[/quote]

The other path is doing private lessons. For me i feel its better that way. I myself didn't complete the Learn to skate program before moving to private lessons. I learnt much faster and my coach helped me kick off my bad habits.

ZuEn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by ZuEn » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:58 am

Which level were u before u switch to private lessons? Private coach means 1 to 1? Also, how did u find your private coach?

I was thinking if I should let her learn with the public for the basic one before switching her.

gurlinsg3142
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by gurlinsg3142 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:27 am

[quote="ZuEn"]Which level were u before u switch to private lessons? Private coach means 1 to 1? Also, how did u find your private coach?

I was thinking if I should let her learn with the public for the basic one before switching her.[/quote]

I was in Figure 2 when i switched. The whole Learn to skate course stretches until Figure 5. You can enquire about 1 to 1 lessons at the counter. They charge $32.10 for 15 minutes and it is recommended for classes to be 30 minutes so that will be $64.20 per lesson. You can choose for her to complete at least the core blades level, then switch to 1 to 1 after that :-) cheers!

ZuEn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by ZuEn » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:46 am

Wow! So you are an expert now!