All About Ice Skating

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
ZuEn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: All About Ice Skating

Post by ZuEn » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:01 am

Any other parents with children learning ice skating?
Would be keen to find out if there are avenues to get 2nd hand skates as well. They outgrow their skates so quickly and new skates are seriously expensive.

Liliana pink
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Liliana pink » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:13 pm

ZuEn wrote:Any other parents with children learning ice skating?
Would be keen to find out if there are avenues to get 2nd hand skates as well. They outgrow their skates so quickly and new skates are seriously expensive.
Hello ZuEn! I have a friend who does figure skating, and she says it would be best not to get second hand skates, although it is cheaper than the new ones (I was planning to get new skates too). The second hand skates would take the shape of the previous owners feet, and your child's feet might be different from the previous owners', so the support will not be there.

(Just saying :) )

ZuEn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by ZuEn » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:17 am

Ah... IC.
Anyway, I havent found many avenues to get 2nd hand skates and I wonder what should I do to DD's skate when she outgrows them.

I supposed your DD/ DS is learning? How old is she/ he? How advance is she/ he?

Liliana pink
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Liliana pink » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:04 pm

ZuEn wrote:Ah... IC.
Anyway, I havent found many avenues to get 2nd hand skates and I wonder what should I do to DD's skate when she outgrows them.

I supposed your DD/ DS is learning? How old is she/ he? How advance is she/ he?
Actually I don't have children haha and it is my friend who is learning :) 15 going on 16, and she takes private lessons. She can do skills Figure 5.

wbookdragon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by wbookdragon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:05 pm

Hello!
I'm a 14yr Sec 2 student and I'm thinking of taking up figure skating. There's just one problem. I have never ice skated before. Never. I'm looking for recommendations of coaches that are dedicated and unafraid to push their students :) Do you have any rink recommendations too? Would you reckon I self-learn the basics before enlisting a coach? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

JessicaChang84
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by JessicaChang84 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:59 am

Thanks for all the information! sounds good will check out the suggestions

CarolW
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by CarolW » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Who have tried Kallang Ice world? I heard they conduct lessons ranging from beginner’s training to classes for the more aspiring skater.