Wushu, Taekwondo, Aikido and Karate

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Aikido

Postby FMz » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Any one sent their kid for Aikido class?

Which association did you sent your kids to? (Aikido Shinju kai, Aikido Federation etc)

FMz
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Aikido

Postby mint » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:40 am

FMz wrote:Any one sent their kid for Aikido class?

Which association did you sent your kids to? (Aikido Shinju kai, Aikido Federation etc)

Hi May I know have you found any school for Aikido?

I am also looking for Aikido class for my son.

mint
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Aikido

Postby FMz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:32 am

mint wrote:
FMz wrote:Any one sent their kid for Aikido class?

Hi May I know have you found any school for Aikido?

I am also looking for Aikido class for my son.

yup, Aikido Shinjukai

FMz
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Wushu, Taekwondo, Aikido and Karate

Postby ppnqq » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:02 am

Would like to find out their differences and which one would be a better choice for toddlers and pre-schoolers and why. Also, will letting children learn these skills make them violent or more violent if they are already one?

I would like my children to learn to be more disciplined, focused and have better health at the same time.

All input is appreciated. :thankyou:

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Wushu, Taekwondo, Aikido and Karate

Postby ppnqq » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:40 pm

I remember some of the parents here have children learning one of these. Can someone kind enough to provide some feedback pls? TIA.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ppnqq » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:25 pm

Can some parents help on the above pls? Thank you so much!

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 am

hi ppnqq,
My ds has wushu every Sat since p2 at a CC. He is not the active type, so my dh and I takes it as a good exercise for him. Wushu has quite many 'steps' to remember. They get to learn to use sword, kun and qang (sorry my hanyu pingying not good)....Emmm I suppose diff wushu coach will carry out their lesson slightly differently..For my ds', they have about an hour of warming up exercise(at time qutie rigorous..) before they start to practise their wushu....
Well talking about discipline, it all depend on the kids. If the kid is hyper active and have a bit of discipline problem, the once a week lesson will not help much to improve it ..(imo)...But of course they will be ganna scolded or punishment if they don't behave during the lesson la..

I think not all kid would like wushu..I have an impression like taekwondo is more well like by most kids..correct me if I am wrong..

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:10 pm

but maybe show like 'Kungfu panda' will help to promote wushu..hahaaaaaa

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntieM » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:27 pm

:wink: My DS is small sized so we reckon wushu is more suitable. The masters and buddies around him has been great the last few years and he still enjoys it.
I have the impression that Aikido are more suitable for older kids.
Quite a few of DS's buddies at wushu are looking at transferring when they are 11 years old. The place they are looking at Aikido requires martial arts background, and taekwondo not 'recognised'.. Maybe other parents can enlighten us further..

Wushu at CC didn't quite fit our schedule cause the classes are mainly conducted in the evenings. For studio 'styled' wushu, most of them have carpeted flooring and group classes are smaller too..
:wink:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MrsSeah » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Last year, I let my kids decide what they want to learn and they choose Wushu. :nunchuk: They learned in RC.

They are now in Level 1 of wushu. I feel my kids enjoyed it very much. :dancing: The instructor said that after they have finished their Level 1, they can represent their school for competition liao. :boogie:

My friend's kids had represented their school for Taekwondo competition even it is not in their CCA and now her kids who are in P6 is considering in going to some secondary school thru DSA (Taekwando) as he always win the TOP 3 inter school competition. :imcool:

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics