Taichi Training for Singapore Children

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Taichi Training for Singapore Children

Postby phantom » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:51 am

There is this taichi training for Children that I found out from a school brochure with a web site at http://www.newagetaichi.com. Looks like they have lots of program for Children.

Any one's child in that program before? How is it? I am considering to send my boy to some of these program to sweat out his energy.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:25 am

That's interesting. Somehow, I've always got the impression that Taichi is for, um, older people. Never knew kids can do them as well.

But how's Taichi different from Wushu... or are they the same?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:54 am

I have gone through some Taichi lessons myself. It is a kind of Wushu, the difference is it is easy to pick up for all ages unlike other wushu that has lots of tedious motion. That's why you see so many old people practicing it :D But it do sweat alot, and there are lots of young chaps in those Taichi class. Except they are not catered to Children

phantom
Site Admin

Postby spidy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:37 am

Hi, I've been to the newagetaichi website, very interesting and has quite a number of articles on Taichi and fitness. There is this particular article on "Why Children Should Exercise" which i find the information very useful, encourage all parents to take a lorr. Here's the link http://www.newagetaichi.com/index/index ... d_exercise

Cheers!
:wink:

spidy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

NewAgeTaichi

Postby GingerTea » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:42 am

Hi, I am looking for a new sport activity for my kids (9 and 10) and I took a look at the NewAgeTaichi website. Just wondering if anyone's child is learning with NewAgeTaichi right now?

Thank you!

GingerTea
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics