All About Running/Jogging/Marathons/Triathlons

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
quirkymum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Iron kids (kids triathlon triaining)

Post by quirkymum » Fri May 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi saralim,

My kids also went for such training and they are growing rather tall. The eldest is nearly my height. I see most of the kids there look tan and fit. So I think don't have to worry about stunting growth.

shawny17
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

All About Running/Jogging/Walking

Post by shawny17 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:47 am

Original Title: Athletics : Swift or Flash Club

Wondering if any parents have kids with these running clubs. Looking for some feedback. Used to run back in my school days and then, the better runners all seemed to belong to one of these clubs. Wondering if it's still the same now.

Pearlyshell
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Kids running event

Post by Pearlyshell » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Dear mummies and daddies

Can anyone share their experiences enrolling their children on kids' runs (eg. standard chartered kids dash, cold storage run)?

Would love to expose my 3yo dd on such events but am really skeptical whether its worth the effort. Furthermore, my dd isnt the super sporty sort. I keep having the phobia that she may fall down and get crushed by the crowd! :cry:

swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Kids running event

Post by swimironkids » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi pearly,
Don't worry about your kid falling down and run over cos at her age one parent must be running along or walk rather with your kid.
For safety reason she cannot walk/run alone.....distance shld be around 500-800m?
I have run many running events and this category is for family get togethere and have fun with kid bonding and teamwork with the father or mum..
Have fun :smile:

Wolfgirl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Wolfgirl » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:20 pm

My girl took part in Cold Storage Kids Run in 2010 and 2012.
I held her hand and jogged the 800m.

Fun.

Another fun race we took part this year is the Energizer Night Trail... it's fun. It is a 1.5km in all fun race... you go through simple obstacles... but it is for 6 years and above.

sakuratattoo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by sakuratattoo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:14 pm

my DD joined Cold Storage Kids run since she was 4yo. way back in 2010. she also joined past 2 runs of Standard Chartered. but we are not joining this year. Stnd char run for kids is sooooo disorganized!
me or my husband runs with her everytime. next year maybe she can already run by herself in cold storage run. :)

Wolfgirl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Wolfgirl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:09 pm

I just signed up with my girl for Safari Zoo Run 2013.
We are going for the 2.8km race. Jog, look at animals, pose for pics, jog...... Should be quite fun.

Wolfgirl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Wolfgirl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:16 am

Hi all parents... the Energizer Night Race 2013 is open for registration!

Kids events will happen from 3pm-5pm. Last year there was a small carnival (jumping castles, rides, treasure hunts etc)

Very safe and fun event! Parents will run alongside their kids and go through obstacles like Monkey Bars (older kids), Climb over 1.2m barricade, crawl underneath a tent, balancing beams, netted wall etc... (1.5km in all)

Last year my girl and I had so much fun... we have signed up this year. (6-8 yo category).

http://www.singaporenighttrail.com.sg/index.html

rydy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by rydy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Thank you for sharing.

My family will be doing Safari Zoo run but still thinking about the Energizer night run.

:)

karenmok
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

looking for a running coach

Post by karenmok » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi,
Can someone recommend a qualified, patient coach for running? I have never run in my life and hence want to start properly. I plan to run a 5k at the earliest and God willing, a half-marathon in 6 months, marathon in a year.
Karen