All About Badminton

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
allabouthomework
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Badminton

Post by allabouthomework » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:53 pm

Looking for a badminton coach that can teach on weekdays for DS. He is currently in the school team and is looking to train privately.

mummy of szy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mummy of szy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:58 pm

hi, my son is currently following this coach who is former head coach of hwa chong, montfort and Amk sec and is also a former youth team player and specialized in individual trainings.
if u r interested, u may contact him @ 94564879, coach sin.

CG10
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by CG10 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:58 pm

IF anyone is keen to bring their kids for a practice game, our next one is at Boon Lay Sec Sch this Sat. In my opinion, normal training is not sufficient, they need to spar with other kids to improve their game.

4-6PM (Court 2), Age : 9-12yrs old

Level : School team or has regular coaching
Format : Singles, 11 or 21pts each match (At least play once against all others)
Per Court : 6 players max
Fee : S$5 per session (Shuttlecock included)

Can contact me at 96828418 for more detail or arrangement. Our facebook group page(https://www.facebook.com/groups/sgkidsb ... =bookmarks).

HHMummy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by HHMummy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:46 am

Dear KiasuParents,

I'm very new to this site and I'm very glad such a site exist for clueless parents like me to research for useful information from all the helpful parents and forumners here.

In short, I'm also looking for 1 to 1, 1-hour session, once a week badminton coaching for my DD as a beginner in AMK. I would like to request for parents who have contacts for dedicated and passionate coach coaching in AMK to recommend, please PM me.

Coaches, if you are coaching in AMK area and does 1 to 1 coaching, you may PM me too.

Appreciate it very much!

No2_TDK
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by No2_TDK » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi Mummies,

Saw a video of a young boy doing badminton training on facebook. Pretty impressive to me. Googled that company & seems like they have quite a few testimonials from parents & students. U all might want to check it out... be a champ badminton academy

pallumisra
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by pallumisra » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:46 am

Hi, any recommendations for badmintion class for 5 and 8 years old around Bedok/Tampines. Thank you!

pumpkin_pie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by pumpkin_pie » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:04 am

Hi, I wish to find a good badminton coach for my 8yo boy. We have been playing casually with him but would like him to have proper training now that his interest is high. We would like lessons to be held at marine parade CC. If you have any recommendations or is a coach yourself, pls pm me. Thanks!!

nucleus80
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by nucleus80 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:40 pm

westmom wrote:My daughter has taken an interest in badminton recently. Been playing with her father in open areas below our flat but both are just "casual" players ....just for fun, without any idea of proper strokes or rules. After PSLE this year, we thought of getting proper coaching for her - just to expose her more to the game and see how she goes from there. Any recommendations on where to go? We are at the west.

Maybe u can try let her join badminton CCA in secondary school. This happened to my son too. He used to play with me recreationally, and had taken interest in this sport. But I think it's too expensive to hire a coach. I let him join his school's badminton CCA and now he can play with his schoolmate and coaching from CCA.

After awhile, we realised that the coach is pretty good, so we decided to hire him externally. So you can let your daughter try joining CCA. Since most school coaches do external coaching too, so it will be a good way to look for good coaches too.

CG10
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by CG10 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:56 pm

Anyone keen to bring their kids to play with us? This is to let your kids have a chance to match play against other kids. Play will be arranged against kids of similar level. See our facebook group page for more detail, https://www.facebook.com/groups/sgkidsbadminton/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1751952958358735/

kiasu_pig
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by kiasu_pig » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:46 am

Joyymum wrote:Active mum
May I know are you related to the tennis coach whom you are recommending or are you the coach ?
Am curious why you keep mentioning the coach contact.
2-Oct-16
Activemum wrote:If you keen in badminton coaching, you can try this cool coach. Email to xtremexn@gmail.com for quick replies.
Seriously, Activemum is very proactive in promoting this badminton coach. Now and then, she would post the coach contacts in this thread (her past posts were mysteriously deleted from this thread) . Must be a seriously satisfied parent. Kekekeke . :roll: