All About Badminton

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
extremepower
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Badminton

Post by extremepower » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Dear Parents,

I am starting out some new badminton coaching classes for students and adults. Let me know if you are keen. Limited slots though. My website is always available for you to contact me. Every child matters. I have techniques and secret of your child's progress diligently without fail. Consistency and professionalism'. Just ask me. www.extreme-power.org
The best badminton school in singapore. The pioneer badminton academy. Free tshirt for students. No extra or admin cost. I do this for passion.

strawberry333
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by strawberry333 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Where can i find badminton club for my daughter (sec1) around Sengkang / Punggol area?

kiasu_pig
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by kiasu_pig » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:12 pm

kiasu_pig wrote:
kiasu_pig wrote:
Joyymum wrote:Active mum
May I know are you related to the tennis coach whom you are recommending or are you the coach ?
Am curious why you keep mentioning the coach contact.
2-Oct-16
Activemum wrote:If you keen in badminton coaching, you can try this cool coach. Email to xtremexn@gmail.com for quick replies.
11-Oct-16
activemum wrote:You can try contacting this coach. He even made a special racket for kids version. Light and good. Holiday coaching season is starting. Hurry to grab a spot from him early. xtremexn@gmail.com
Upzzzz :rahrah:
extremepower wrote:Dear Parents,

I am starting out some new badminton coaching classes for students and adults. Let me know if you are keen. Limited slots though. My website is always available for you to contact me. Every child matters. I have techniques and secret of your child's progress diligently without fail. Consistency and professionalism'. Just ask me. http://www.extreme-power.org
The best badminton school in singapore. The pioneer badminton academy. Free tshirt for students. No extra or admin cost. I do this for passion.
Upsssss... .

Zappy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:20

Post by Zappy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:25 am

oloutt wrote:I'm currently considering letting my kids learn badminton and getting a rackets for them. Thinking of getting some of these ones https://bestoutdooritems.com/best-badminton-rackets/ . For my kids the color and look were very important. Any suggestions, parents?
If you are looking at the Yonex rackets, you can get them from the distributor Sunriseclick.com; they often have cyber sales or warehouse sales if you want to get it in person. Sign up for their email newsletters and they'll send out mailers when the sales come.

As for the rackets in the website you shared, those are all very nice rackets but not all of them are available as they are now replaced by newer models, eg. dont think you can easily find the Arcsaber 10 anymore. While the colour/ look is important, your children probably need to test a little to get the feel of the weight distribution, etc. If not possible to try, then go read some reviews on them. But I think most of the rackets in that range are all quite decent rackets, more than capable of school competition use.

Important thing is; get the weight & grip size correct when you order or buy; eg. 3U/G4, 2U/5G, etc.
If you get that wrong, even if you choose a specific model, then the handle may be too big/ small for your children's hands or the weight is too light / too heavy (even the same model of rackets have these 3U, 4U grip and weight differences).

Ran1977
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Ran1977 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Looking for a patient and reasonably priced badminton coach for a 10-year old beginner boy to further his interest in this sport.

Looking at Sundays 2.30pm at Marine Parade. 1x a week only. Starting from 2nd week of May 2018.

Pls pm me if keen.
:thankyou:

Mingjun
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Mingjun » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Ming Jun and I'm providing badminton training for beginners at Mountbatten CC for children and adults. I'm offering a free trial for the first session and you may sign up subsequently if you enjoy the training.

I used to play badminton competitively and had professional training since 9 years old. I played for Kong Hwa School and subsequently entered ACS (Independent) through DSA and played for the school for the 6 years. I have won numerous awards throughout my badminton career. Most notably, I won the deciding match against RIJC and got A division champion in 2010. Here's an article of us winning the title https://www.redsports.sg/2010/05/19/acs ... dminton/3/

Please whatsapp me at 96343726 for more details. Thank you! :lol:

RachelStar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by RachelStar » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:45 pm

hi all, im curious, why badminton instead of tennis? im thinking of letting my child take on either tennis or badminton

RachelStar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by RachelStar » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:48 pm

zannnnaz wrote:Anyone's kids here join Badminton as CCA? Needs to hear some pros and cons. thanks
my child's best fren is in badminton as cca. he seems to be slimmer and fitter than average..body toning is proportionate as badminton uses all parts of body

Zappy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:20

Post by Zappy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:45 pm

RachelStar wrote:hi all, im curious, why badminton instead of tennis? im thinking of letting my child take on either tennis or badminton
Well, it's indoors and not so dependent on weather conditions.
Especially during school competition times, that's more convenient as there won't be postponements due to lightning, rain, etc.

twins closet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by twins closet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Any classes for 13years old near toa payoh or bishan side?