All About Dancing

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
Janet32
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Dancing

Post by Janet32 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:10 am

My daughter has an extra dance class on Easter Day of course with the parents' concurrence. Guess what? The school Teachers took the effort to decorated up the place to throw them a Easter surprise after their class. That's what I call teaching with passion!

mamann
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by mamann » Fri May 03, 2019 4:42 am

Dancing is one of the most pleasant things that helps to get rid of stress and lose weight (of course!). Latina is love! :please:

Poppypie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by Poppypie » Mon May 06, 2019 10:06 am

Any good ballet studio for recommendation?

Gilian039
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Gilian039 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:43 am

Poppypie wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:06 am
Any good ballet studio for recommendation?
You can check Cheng Ballet Academy.

Poppypie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Poppypie » Wed May 08, 2019 1:35 pm

Okay. Thank you!

CarolW
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by CarolW » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:48 am

Dance classes for toddlers in Singapore: Ballet lessons and movement for children under three
https://honeykidsasia.com/dance-classes ... singapore/

Katherin22
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Katherin22 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:06 pm

mamann wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:42 am
Dancing is one of the most pleasant things that helps to get rid of stress and lose weight (of course!). Latina is love! :please:
Yes! Dancing a lot makes you get rid of fats! I love to dance during my free time, I sometimes watch zumba tutorials and just do it on my own! :rahrah:

Fiona Lim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Fiona Lim » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:26 pm

Hello, I am at the cusp of signing a contract offered by my kid’s ballet school ( Dance Enfinite) to be a member of their Elite Performing Team. She is turning 5 this Dec. She seems keen enough but of course with kids, never sure how Long this will last. Anyone sign a contract for their kid like this before?

This was offered after an audition and classes will be on TOP of her regular ballet class and RAD coaching class. I’ve never been in dance so I’m not sure what to expect from this.

Imp75
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:29

Post by Imp75 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:45 pm

Fiona Lim wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:26 pm
Hello, I am at the cusp of signing a contract offered by my kid’s ballet school ( Dance Enfinite) to be a member of their Elite Performing Team. She is turning 5 this Dec. She seems keen enough but of course with kids, never sure how Long this will last. Anyone sign a contract for their kid like this before?

This was offered after an audition and classes will be on TOP of her regular ballet class and RAD coaching class. I’ve never been in dance so I’m not sure what to expect from this.
Congratulations on your daughter's promising start to ballet. I am not sure what you will be bounded in the contract but as with all other dance schools, once you are enrolled/selected into the Elite Dance program, be prepared to fork out another 2-3 days extra just to train for competitions all year around. Together with the regular grading program, you may be looking at 5-6 times lesson a week plus the enrichment costs. Something for you to ponder over spending huge amount of time/effort/money, however my advice is "if you want to be a pro, it's best to start young".

Fiona Lim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Fiona Lim » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:35 pm

Imp75 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:45 pm
Fiona Lim wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:26 pm

Congratulations on your daughter's promising start to ballet. I am not sure what you will be bounded in the contract but as with all other dance schools, once you are enrolled/selected into the Elite Dance program, be prepared to fork out another 2-3 days extra just to train for competitions all year around. Together with the regular grading program, you may be looking at 5-6 times lesson a week plus the enrichment costs. Something for you to ponder over spending huge amount of time/effort/money, however my advice is "if you want to be a pro, it's best to start young".
Thanks for your reply Imp75. She is young and the number of classes expected is 3 times a week. Which kind of shocked me but of course you also mentioned about 5/6 times a week. Wow. That’s like a career.

The contract contains clauses like must notify holiday plans 2 months in advanced.
85% attendance and certain standards met before they can allow performance for external engagement. No remuneration expected from external engagement and I’m supposed to pay for a one year contract plus a deposit which could forfeited. I Guess this is all meant to be for her exposure. After some discussion, me and my Husband decided we will go as far as she likes it and monitor. My kid loves the teacher and I hope this continues to be the way for her.