Scuba Diving courses for Kids (8 y.o and 10 y.o)

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Scuba Diving courses for Kids (8 y.o and 10 y.o)

Postby Ros » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:47 am

Hi,

Looking for recommendation for dive schools that has a strong family and kids focus. Took my 10 y.o. to Phuket and she tried it in the hotel pool and now she is eager. But she is the kind that we need to find a good instructor otherwise her motivation just drops. Thinking of including the 8 y.o. as both sisters engaging in same activities will be more enjoyable.

Thanks in advance.

Ros
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Scuba Diving courses for Kids (8 y.o and 10 y.o)

Postby jessie_t82 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Scuba diving or diving-board diving?

jessie_t82
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby floppy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Ros wrote:Hi,

Looking for recommendation for dive schools that has a strong family and kids focus. Took my 10 y.o. to Phuket and she tried it in the hotel pool and now she is eager. But she is the kind that we need to find a good instructor otherwise her motivation just drops. Thinking of including the 8 y.o. as both sisters engaging in same activities will be more enjoyable.

Thanks in advance.

It is going to be difficult to find dive schools in Singapore (and most places) to accept the 2 kids (the 10 years old has better chance), as PADI, SSI and NAUI (that's almost all the certifying agencies for recreational diving) minimum age limit is 10 years old.

Also, diving in a hotel pool is different from open water. Need to make sure that she understands the rules, and apply them.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ptb7476 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:33 pm

during my diving days , a friend brought his kids to indonesia to learn how to dive .. think around the same age as yours .. he actually imported kid's tank from usa for that purpose and his kid has dived so many exotic place since then

the key to note : my friend has good relationship with dive shop in indo and that is why they will to try else normally dive shop wont even take kids diving.. reason is simple , they are not mature enuff to handle crisis .. and to obey the rules

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics