Re: All About Taekwondo

Post by Serendipity » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:08 pm

DavidFhu wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:25 pm
Serendipity wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:11 pm
peasants wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Yes, 1st Poom receive first cert. Any grade below is reflected on grading card. STF cert is more applicable as it is recognise by NCC and SAF. No question ask.
I see... what advantage is there to get a Kukkiwon cert then? Recognition overseas?
Refer to http://www.stf.sg/kukkiwon-certification

The STF encourages all its poom and black belt holders, especially those who wish to participate in international competitions and seminars, to apply for Kukkiwon certification.

Those who are interested to apply for Kukkiwon certification should apply through their respective clubs. The current rates including administrative fees are as follows.

1st dan - S$125.00
2nd dan - S$160.00
3rd dan - S$210.00
4th dan - S$265.00
5th dan - S$525.00
6th dan - S$615.00
7th dan - S$790.00

All qualified members of STF-affiliated clubs should apply for the certification immediately after the announcement of their grading results so that they will not lose out in their Kukkiwon ranking seniority.

For example if you obtain your 1st dan in January 2009 and 2nd dan in January 2010, you cannot apply for 2nd dan Kukkiwon in 2010 if you do not have a 1st dan Kukkiwon. In that case, you have to apply for your 1st dan in January 2010 and wait for January 2011 before you can apply for the next grade. That means you will be 1 year, in term of Kukkiwon grade, behind your contemporaries who had applied.

Kukkiwon certificates issued through the STF bear the signatures of both the Kukkiwon President and STF President. Kukkiwon certificates without the signature of the STF President are not recognized by the STF. And holders of such certificates will not receive the support and/or recommendation of STF for participation at competitions, courses and other activities organized or sanctioned by the following organizations:

International Olympic Committee
Asian Olympic Council
World Taekwondo Federation
Asian Taekwondo Union
Asean Taekwondo Federation
Does this sound like an administrative application? No additional testing required for STF-Kukkiwon certification?

peasants
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:11

Post by peasants » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Serendipity wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:08 pm
DavidFhu wrote:
Serendipity wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:11 pm

I see... what advantage is there to get a Kukkiwon cert then? Recognition overseas?

The STF encourages all its poom and black belt holders, especially those who wish to participate in international competitions and seminars, to apply for Kukkiwon certification.

Those who are interested to apply for Kukkiwon certification should apply through their respective clubs. The current rates including administrative fees are as follows.

1st dan - S$125.00
2nd dan - S$160.00
3rd dan - S$210.00
4th dan - S$265.00
5th dan - S$525.00
6th dan - S$615.00
7th dan - S$790.00

All qualified members of STF-affiliated clubs should apply for the certification immediately after the announcement of their grading results so that they will not lose out in their Kukkiwon ranking seniority.

For example if you obtain your 1st dan in January 2009 and 2nd dan in January 2010, you cannot apply for 2nd dan Kukkiwon in 2010 if you do not have a 1st dan Kukkiwon. In that case, you have to apply for your 1st dan in January 2010 and wait for January 2011 before you can apply for the next grade. That means you will be 1 year, in term of Kukkiwon grade, behind your contemporaries who had applied.

Kukkiwon certificates issued through the STF bear the signatures of both the Kukkiwon President and STF President. Kukkiwon certificates without the signature of the STF President are not recognized by the STF. And holders of such certificates will not receive the support and/or recommendation of STF for participation at competitions, courses and other activities organized or sanctioned by the following organizations:

Asian Olympic Council
Asian Taekwondo Union
Does this sound like an administrative application? No additional testing required for STF-Kukkiwon certification?
Don't think so need additional test. More like an endorsement to me.

peasants
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by peasants » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:06 pm

DavidFhu wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:26 am
peasants wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:31 pm
DavidFhu wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:43 pm

Yes, it is the Singapore Taekwondo Federation. Refer to Ong Ye Kung, The Taekwondo badge – For all vocations, so long as the serviceman or servicewoman achieves a 1st Dan black belt through an SAF-recognised local civilian club. Typically involves two and a half years of training. But nowhere mention what are the SAF-recognised local civilian club.
I just submitted STF poom cert to HQ NCC. Await for their reply. Can't help to think if the girls continue in STF, could have being
3rd poom by now.
I am thinking of moving to STA, or ITF after I gain my black belt too. I am looking for a higher level of training, than just as sport or game.
Really? If you come in STA as STF black belt, you will fall back white belt to learn the basics and all patterns/self defences up to brown belt. After clearing brown belt grading, you will learn black belt patterns, self defence and board breaking that lead to black belt grading.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Serendipity wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:08 pm
DavidFhu wrote:

1st dan - S$125.00
2nd dan - S$160.00
3rd dan - S$210.00
4th dan - S$265.00
5th dan - S$525.00
6th dan - S$615.00
7th dan - S$790.00

Asian Olympic Council
Asian Taekwondo Union
Yes, it is. No additional testing is required. But you must earn the STF Certification first.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:04 pm

peasants wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:06 pm
DavidFhu wrote:
I am thinking of moving to STA, or ITF after I gain my black belt too. I am looking for a higher level of training, than just as sport or game.
Really? If you come in STA as STF black belt, you will fall back white belt to learn the basics and all patterns/self defences up to brown belt. After clearing brown belt grading, you will learn black belt patterns, self defence and board breaking that lead to black belt grading.
Is it? Why is it so?

If that is the case, I will join ITF. As per ITF, I can do Black Belt conversion from WTF to ITF.
If I am color belt, then I will need to start from white belt.

peasants
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by peasants » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 pm

DavidFhu wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:04 pm
peasants wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:06 pm
DavidFhu wrote:
Is it? Why is it so?

If that is the case, I will join ITF. As per ITF, I can do Black Belt conversion from WTF to ITF.
If I am color belt, then I will need to start from white belt.
Which centre you looking at for ITF? I think not many in sg.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:44 pm

peasants wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 pm
https://itfsingapore.org/

peasants
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by peasants » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:16 pm

DavidFhu wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:44 pm
peasants wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 pm
https://itfsingapore.org/
It looks good actually, I may go take a peek at their lessons.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:18 pm

Any recommendation for affordable TKD WTF uniform?

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:18 pm

Any recommendation for affordable TKD WTF uniform?