BrownBelt
Total Likes:11

Re: All About Taekwondo

Post by peasants » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:06 pm

DavidFhu wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:26 pm
peasants wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:19 pm
My girls joined after watching Best of the Best. Also drawn over by the belts and the ability to kick high above the head. What they didn't expect are the painful splits, planks and knuckle push ups. These "pains" toughen them up. However, they don't compete in competitions, so no medals or DSA whatsoever. Their black belts don't even have dan or name prints.
Personally, I feel that all martial artist should compete in competitions to brush up their skills set. At least go for Poomsae Competitions.
Ya, seemed a bit slack. Both join more than 10 years but only one 1st place medal for the elder one. Some more this is like last minute to replace some one who didn't turn up for the sparring. Got activated when manning water point. Good thing is no need to pay.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:54 pm

Serendipity wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:05 pm
DavidFhu wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:09 pm

Yes! Your kids are in NCC?

There are two type of TKD badge for NCC.

NCC-TAEKWONDO BADGE (NOT THE SAME AS SAF-TAEKWONDO BADGE)
Require to Completed NCC TKD / Unarmed Combat Programme

TAEKWONDO BADGE
Require to attained the 1st Dan black belt
(Registered under Singapore Taekowndo Foundation)
Certificate must presented to RSM, HQNCC
What're the criteria for the NCC-TKD badge?
NCC-TAEKWONDO BADGE (NOT THE SAME AS SAF-TAEKWONDO BADGE)
Require to Completed NCC TKD / Unarmed Combat Programme

For more details, will need to approach School NCC teachers.

Or any School NCC Teachers here? Please advise.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:02 pm

cherrygal wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:10 pm
Izzit too late to join TKD once you hit your teens? What's the latest age to join?
It depend on what you plan to achieve. I am a father of two. Do TKD from scratch last year. Current at Green belt.

I doing TKD with my son. Use it as bonding with my son. Keep fit for personal. Motivate parent to join their kids, instead of bench sitting.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:05 pm

peasants wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:37 pm
cherrygal wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:10 pm
Izzit too late to join TKD once you hit your teens? What's the latest age to join?
Never too late. I myself joined at late 30s, but stopped going when reach black. Now cheong 2.4km instead.
Hi Peasants,

Should never leave. Please come back! We need more black belter to be in the field.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:07 pm

peasants wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:51 pm
Yes, young one in ncc. I want to find out more about this ncc unarmed combat program leh. You have any idea?
Hi Peasants,

I don't have an answer for you. You might like to approach the School NCC Teacher for information.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:14 pm

peasants wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:06 pm
DavidFhu wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:26 pm
peasants wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:19 pm
My girls joined after watching Best of the Best. Also drawn over by the belts and the ability to kick high above the head. What they didn't expect are the painful splits, planks and knuckle push ups. These "pains" toughen them up. However, they don't compete in competitions, so no medals or DSA whatsoever. Their black belts don't even have dan or name prints.
Personally, I feel that all martial artist should compete in competitions to brush up their skills set. At least go for Poomsae Competitions.
Ya, seemed a bit slack. Both join more than 10 years but only one 1st place medal for the elder one. Some more this is like last minute to replace some one who didn't turn up for the sparring. Got activated when manning water point. Good thing is no need to pay.
What are they plan in TKD? If they are still active black belters, ask them to go for Poomsae Coach Course. Don't let it go to waste.

RondaWW
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by RondaWW » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:50 am

DavidFhu wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:56 pm
Hi Ronda,

It depends on what is your reasons for doing Taekwondo.

Few of the benefits:

Enhance self-esteem by heightening your physical and mental powers.

Build confidence by encouraging you to succeed and to take control of your life.

Develop discipline by thoroughly training your body and mind in the tenets and techniques of Taekwondo.

Teach self-defense by training you to recognize situations in which physical self-defense may be necessary, and teaching you how to control such situations to your advantage.

Strengthen your mind and body through increased physical coordination and mental discipline.

Of course, it depends heavily on the club and trainer goals when delivery the training.
Oh, thanks! It's helpful!

peasants
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:11

Post by peasants » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:03 pm

Yes DavidFhu, my girls still junior, need to convert to senior at 16 before dunno how many years then progress to next grade or masterclass.

Tried to call NCC hq but no answer. Will try again next week.

Good that you attend TKD with your son. I remembered grading day is most fun, where trainees from all over gather for friendly exchange. Its memorable. I have since move on to running short distance, chasing timing. Amazing how 1 second can boast mental by so much.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:16 am

peasants wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:03 pm
Yes DavidFhu, my girls still junior, need to convert to senior at 16 before dunno how many years then progress to next grade or masterclass.

Good that you attend TKD with your son. I remembered grading day is most fun, where trainees from all over gather for friendly exchange. Its memorable. I have since move on to running short distance, chasing timing. Amazing how 1 second can boast mental by so much.
Hi Peasants,

Your girls that can rose from Poom 1 to Poom 4 depend on how many years before they are 15. You need a year before you can go from Poom 1 to Poom 2, and two years from Poom 2 to Poom 3, and three years from Poom 3 to Poom 4.

On reaching 15 years old, all Poom belts shall be required to covert to 1st dan. The time required for the next promotion will be based on the date of conversion.

https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/foru ... 6#p1828806

Good for you on the short distance running. Remember to monitor with activity trackers. It helps you to judge your fitness level.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DavidFhu » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:16 am

peasants wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi Peasants,

Your girls that can rose from Poom 1 to Poom 4 depend on how many years before they are 15. You need a year before you can go from Poom 1 to Poom 2, and two years from Poom 2 to Poom 3, and three years from Poom 3 to Poom 4.

On reaching 15 years old, all Poom belts shall be required to covert to 1st dan. The time required for the next promotion will be based on the date of conversion.

https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/foru ... 6#p1828806

Good for you on the short distance running. Remember to monitor with activity trackers. It helps you to judge your fitness level.