All About Soccer

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Soccer

Postby Jeremy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:51 pm

Title: Just a crazy tot

Ever tot of sending your boy to soccer school @ popular clubs (Example Man U) & hopefully he'll be the nxt Rooney or owen :lol: :lol: Their weekly income will certainly be more than most average Joe yearly income :lol: ....No harm dreaming :wink:

Jeremy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Just a crazy tot

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:07 pm

Jeremy wrote:Ever tot of sending your boy to soccer school @ popular clubs (Example Man U) & hopefully he'll be the nxt Rooney or owen :lol: :lol: Their weekly income will certainly be more than most average Joe yearly income :lol: ....No harm dreaming :wink:

As they always say... keep your head in the clouds, and your feet on the ground. Never tell your kid what they are NOT capable of doing. Tell them they can be anything they want, as long as they want it badly enough.

Mine was into swimming, but now into fencing. He's quite good at both too, but I have no delusions about what he can be. My point to him is as long as he enjoys and do his best in all that he tries, I'm ok and will support his interests. No need to be the best - as long as he has given his best, it's good enough for me.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jeremy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:03 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:As they always say... keep your head in the clouds, and your feet on the ground. Never tell your kid what they are NOT capable of doing. Tell them they can be anything they want, as long as they want it badly enough.

Mine was into swimming, but now into fencing. He's quite good at both too, but I have no delusions about what he can be. My point to him is as long as he enjoys and do his best in all that he tries, I'm ok and will support his interests. No need to be the best - as long as he has given his best, it's good enough for me.
Yah...just go with their flow :D

Jeremy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:19 am

Jeremy wrote:Yah...just go with their flow :D

Except that usually means tapping on your money flow :wink:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:40 am

But what are the chances of becoming the next Fandi Ahmad....quite a long shot...but still, if my child is clearly passionate about it, I would say follow their heart.

Life is not about making the most money, and be the smartest person on earth. Like M1 says, 1 life, live it.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:19 pm

Yes... money does not make the man... it is the Ferrari that goes with it :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby dragonball » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:34 pm

There is actually a Singapore Sports School. But really, finally it boils down to bread and butter. There is a very short life span as a sports man for a career in Singapore.

dragonball
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby super_dad » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:12 pm

SSS...is near my home. Driving back, can see the swimming pool bright bright. In fact, my girl goes there for swimming with her school.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jedamum » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:46 pm

i guess a lot of sports men/women end up going into coaching or sports managment. or maybe even sports nutrition or your friendly school PE teacher. :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Soccer School at Turf City

Postby 4kids » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:15 pm

HI all, anybody knows about any soccer school at Turf City for 7 year olds ? thanks !

4kids
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics