All About Golf

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

KinderGolf

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:05 pm

Just got a brochure from its outlet at United Square.

Base Programmes:
Tiny TEE (2-3yo)
KinderJunior TEE (3-5yo)
Kinder TEE (5-7yo)

$160 (Mon-Fri before 6pm) or $190 (Sat-Sun or Mon-Fri after 6pm) for 4 weekly lessons

Must buy and wear their uniforms. *ouch*

Web site

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:03 am

Wow...not cheap eh? I suppose it is a must for rich kids. :)

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:40 pm

There's always the argument that golfing is for doing business in the future. How many times have you heard about claims of contracts being signed at the golf course?

For for the sake of your kids, make sure they know how to golf now so that they can do business in the future.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:34 pm

Yeah, golfing always meant for the upper echelon of the population. Even the basic equipment is going to set you back by a couple thousands, I think. Not to mention the classes.

But I suppose it has its own fun and challenges. I do enjoy computer golf myself. But to actually go to a green...nah. I would rather be out at sea. Who wants to sign deals on a boat? :lol:

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby deardear07 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:54 pm

super_dad wrote:Yeah, golfing always meant for the upper echelon of the population. Even the basic equipment is going to set you back by a couple thousands, I think. Not to mention the classes.

But I suppose it has its own fun and challenges. I do enjoy computer golf myself. But to actually go to a green...nah. I would rather be out at sea. Who wants to sign deals on a boat? :lol:

:shock: :lol: wah,ur richer than those who sign contracts on the greens! hehe...signing on the yacht is more expensive~~ :D

deardear07
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby nicsmom » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:35 pm

I have a friend working there, heard that most the kids are foreigners or from very well-off Singaporean families, usually their parents are in some kind of businesses too.

nicsmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby wobblejelly » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:05 pm

I think there is still a general misconception that golf is for the rich and tai tais.

nowadays, people who take up golfing are in all shapes and sizes from teenagers to retirees and young working adults. It doesnt have to be an expensive game actually. There are some clubs that are open to members of the public at minimal green fees..

wobblejelly
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby VooVoo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:00 pm

Anyone tried Kindergolf?

VooVoo
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby mckenzy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:08 pm

i quit golf when i was 14.

no kidding... my dad (aka - the networking type) gave up dragging me to the golf courses (yes courses)... i really hated golf, professional coaches and all that 'special training'...

actually i attribute the sport to an introvert/extrovert type of activity... extroverts love the game...

kids have lots of sugar... they need to run..

mckenzy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby piggi » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:03 am

VooVoo wrote:Anyone tried Kindergolf?

My D joined kindergolf since almost 2 year old and stayed with them till yesterday. She is six now. I would said its a game in training their focus, concentration and patience. I can see the results in her character building.

Although there are few coaches i would saythat they were excellent, the rest were so...so.... and their standard had dropped over the last few years. Lesson cost around 80 bucks each time = 1k+ per 3 months. Some more not taught by pro. Therefore decided to quit.

Also she is 6 now, more ready for personal coaching.

Recently few bad experience with the centre with regards to their management. Anyone like to share their experience too?

piggi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics