Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
kiasuson
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by kiasuson » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

piggi wrote:
VooVoo wrote:Anyone tried Kindergolf?
My D joined kindergolf since almost 2 year old and stayed with them till yesterday. She is six now. I would said its a game in training their focus, concentration and patience. I can see the results in her character building.

Although there are few coaches i would saythat they were excellent, the rest were so...so.... and their standard had dropped over the last few years. Lesson cost around 80 bucks each time = 1k+ per 3 months. Some more not taught by pro. Therefore decided to quit.

Also she is 6 now, more ready for personal coaching.

Recently few bad experience with the centre with regards to their management. Anyone like to share their experience too?
My younger boy joined the school when he was 4/5. It took him more than 15 months to have a full swing. I gave out and went to personal coaching when he was 6 years old. He has his PC within 12 months of training. The coaches or I should call them trainers in Kinder Golf are not professional and we are paying more than a Professional golf coach. The school management have been busy with Franchising and do not care about the basic objective of the schools. If I have a choice again, I will not put my son thru the course again.

mummy of 2
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by mummy of 2 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:07 pm

kiasuson wrote:My younger boy joined the school when he was 4/5. It took him more than 15 months to have a full swing. I gave out and went to personal coaching when he was 6 years old. He has his PC within 12 months of training. The coaches or I should call them trainers in Kinder Golf are not professional and we are paying more than a Professional golf coach. The school management have been busy with Franchising and do not care about the basic objective of the schools. If I have a choice again, I will not put my son thru the course again.
Thanks for the sharing. DS1 has been saying he wants to learn golf ever since ILs bought him a toy golf set. Was wondering if I should let him try out Kindergolf. Now I can save some money :celebrate:

happymom_aa
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by happymom_aa » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:23 pm

kiasuson wrote:My younger boy joined the school when he was 4/5. It took him more than 15 months to have a full swing. I gave out and went to personal coaching when he was 6 years old. He has his PC within 12 months of training. The coaches or I should call them trainers in Kinder Golf are not professional and we are paying more than a Professional golf coach. The school management have been busy with Franchising and do not care about the basic objective of the schools. If I have a choice again, I will not put my son thru the course again.
Hi Kiasuson,

Can share the contact of your boy's personal coach? What's the charges like?

My boy (6yo) had only attended a trial lesson before, is it more recommended for personal coaching or lessons by Kindergolf?
Any comments appreciated.

Thank you

kiasuson
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by kiasuson » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:32 pm

happymom_aa wrote:
Hi Kiasuson,

Can share the contact of your boy's personal coach? What's the charges like?

My boy (6yo) had only attended a trial lesson before, is it more recommended for personal coaching or lessons by Kindergolf?
Any comments appreciated.

Thank you
My 2 boys join Phil Brew Golf school in NSRCC Changi. Their charges is about S$150 for 5 lesson (Group of 4). So far, I think it is one of the better organise Golf schools. There are other school in Marina Bay, Orchid Country Club, etc. They take in students about the age of 6 to 7. Recently, Phil Brew has a young boy (K2) obtained his PC. I hope the information helps.

piggi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by piggi » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:21 pm

I agreed with kiasuson. Tiger line is one of the recommended one for junior golfers. My daughter will be starting her first lesson this sunday. Hope she likes it. Their fees were really cheap, to my surprise! Imagine i have already invested so much with kindergolf in return for coaching from 'kindergarten' teachers :moneyflies:

happymom_aa
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by happymom_aa » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:33 pm

Do I have to go down to NSRCC Changi to sign up?
How big is the group?

Hi piggi,
do you have to wait for long before you can start having lessons after registration?

Thanks.

wobblejelly
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by wobblejelly » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:41 pm

My younger boy joined the school when he was 4/5. It took him more than 15 months to have a full swing. I gave out and went to personal coaching when he was 6 years old. He has his PC within 12 months of training. The coaches or I should call them trainers in Kinder Golf are not professional and we are paying more than a Professional golf coach. The school management have been busy with Franchising and do not care about the basic objective of the schools. If I have a choice again, I will not put my son thru the course again.
Agree agree.. Kindergolf is a waste of time. I gave up after paying fees for more than 1 year and seeing my daughter getting no where with her golf swing.

I'm now in the process of finding a real professional coach to start all over again.

piggi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by piggi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:05 am

happymom_aa wrote:Do I have to go down to NSRCC Changi to sign up?
How big is the group?

Hi piggi,
do you have to wait for long before you can start having lessons after registration?

Thanks.
Hi Happymon_aa
Go NSRCC tiger line, don't go to the wrong one. There are two of them at the driving range.

Group of 4. First, they do an assessment to see at which stage your child is. Then, check for availability and your preferred time slot. Long wait or not, i can't assure you. But fees very reasonable, $150 per 5 sessions for member. Even non-member its not expensive, but i can't remember liao. Definite worth, at least they are professional coaches.

I just received a call from tiger line saying a new class starting next sunday 6pm, asked if i would like to transfer my girl to that slot as the kids around her age group and will enjoy more. They do want the kids to enjoy the process of learning golf. You can give them a call. Maybe our kids will end up the same class;-)

ksunflower
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by ksunflower » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi,

Wow, after hearing all the comments on Kindergolf, I think I will give up the idea of sending my child there. Anyone has any good recommendation for good trainers in the west? I am too lazy to move from west to the east as weekends are loaded with enrichments for my child :sweat:

happymom_aa
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by happymom_aa » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:29 am

ksunflower wrote:Hi,

Wow, after hearing all the comments on Kindergolf, I think I will give up the idea of sending my child there. Anyone has any good recommendation for good trainers in the west? I am too lazy to move from west to the east as weekends are loaded with enrichments for my child :sweat:
same here.

checked with DH, he felt that NSRCC Changi too far, so giving up the idea of signing with tiger line.

any one got other recommendations, but in west?

Thanks.