All About Golf

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
piggi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by piggi » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:10 pm

happymom_aa wrote:
ksunflower wrote:Hi,

Wow, after hearing all the comments on Kindergolf, I think I will give up the idea of sending my child there. Anyone has any good recommendation for good trainers in the west? I am too lazy to move from west to the east as weekends are loaded with enrichments for my child :sweat:
same here.

checked with DH, he felt that NSRCC Changi too far, so giving up the idea of signing with tiger line.

any one got other recommendations, but in west?

Thanks.
Might want to call up ?'Heartland' at Jurong Country Club. They provide junior golf program.

Tim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

More than Golf

Post by Tim » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:56 pm

KinderGolf teaches more than Golf. It is about child development in various aspects with relation to the sports. Many avid golfer wishes they had started early and had learned first from the green(Chipping and Putting) to the tee box.

There is a new KinderGolf outlet set up in Serangoon Gardens, 10A Maju Ave. Trainer and Coaches there are solid in golf. Centre is run by a Singapore PGA professional.

loner
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: More than Golf

Post by loner » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Do u know the charges n any contact nbr. to enquire?

Tks !
Tim wrote:KinderGolf teaches more than Golf. It is about child development in various aspects with relation to the sports. Many avid golfer wishes they had started early and had learned first from the green(Chipping and Putting) to the tee box.

There is a new KinderGolf outlet set up in Serangoon Gardens, 10A Maju Ave. Trainer and Coaches there are solid in golf. Centre is run by a Singapore PGA professional.

piggi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: More than Golf

Post by piggi » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Tim wrote:KinderGolf teaches more than Golf. It is about child development in various aspects with relation to the sports. Many avid golfer wishes they had started early and had learned first from the green(Chipping and Putting) to the tee box.

I agree Kindergolf is a good choice when the child is young, less than 6, since that's is the only golf school that provide a structured programme for young ones. It is important as they teaches from basic and build a strong foundation. However, as child gets older, they feel bored and that's the time, as parent might want to switch to something deem more suitable for the child.

What i like about them is that they do not stress the young child on their wrist, also prevent injury.

Well, i guess they need to work out their turnover rate for teaching staff. Some centres do have very good coaches.

sweetbaby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:18

Post by sweetbaby » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi all

Any mummy here in AMK branch? The branch closed during the christmas break. Now there's change of management. Seem that all the kids (in my boy's class) disappeared as well as the trainers. I dont fancy the way they witheld certain info. Most of all (and all that really matters) my boy misses his friends/trainers. I wonder what happened. Now I'm looking at alternatives. Any suggestions?

mantaray
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Feel Cheated by Kindergolf

Post by mantaray » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Same thing happened to me - I just paid the fees for a new term. Then suddenly got a call saying the centre will be closed, want my child reassesed and that lessons will only resume on further notice (happened in Dec). They then promised to revert to me but did not for a month.

In Jan they revereted to me - said that last billing records shows that my last payment was in Oct - but I just paid for a forward semester in Dec. Very messed up records. In a few hours later another person called me to say I paid for lessons in Nov, etc etc - its all messed up.

I asked for a refund - but insisted they stop shifting the billing information and get it straight once and for all first. They said they will make an EXCEPTION to refund the fees owed to me via a voucher for their products and services. What kind of refund is that for their own mess up. If I did not pursue for their records to be straight they may have asked me to pay more fees for Nov perhaps.

I find the school very unprofessional for stopping my child's classes without notice. I find their records messed up - I understand this is because of the abrupt takeover of the business from their franchisee. I find it meaningless to go to the class now since all her friends have moved and all th teachers changed (wonder with what experience). I find it stupid to stop a class my daughter loves, which she does well and which we invested for a long time - but still I find it better to send my child to a school with values I can trust.

I hope other parents do not run into the same situation as me.... I feel really cheated and badly treated by Kindergolf in spite of all this while contributing to their bottomline.

piggi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Feel Cheated by Kindergolf

Post by piggi » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:12 pm

mantaray wrote:Same thing happened to me - I just paid the fees for a new term. Then suddenly got a call saying the centre will be closed, want my child reassesed and that lessons will only resume on further notice (happened in Dec). They then promised to revert to me but did not for a month.

In Jan they revereted to me - said that last billing records shows that my last payment was in Oct - but I just paid for a forward semester in Dec. Very messed up records. In a few hours later another person called me to say I paid for lessons in Nov, etc etc - its all messed up.

I asked for a refund - but insisted they stop shifting the billing information and get it straight once and for all first. They said they will make an EXCEPTION to refund the fees owed to me via a voucher for their products and services. What kind of refund is that for their own mess up. If I did not pursue for their records to be straight they may have asked me to pay more fees for Nov perhaps.

I find the school very unprofessional for stopping my child's classes without notice. I find their records messed up - I understand this is because of the abrupt takeover of the business from their franchisee. I find it meaningless to go to the class now since all her friends have moved and all th teachers changed (wonder with what experience). I find it stupid to stop a class my daughter loves, which she does well and which we invested for a long time - but still I find it better to send my child to a school with values I can trust.

I hope other parents do not run into the same situation as me.... I feel really cheated and badly treated by Kindergolf in spite of all this while contributing to their bottomline.
I totally understand how you felt and had experienced this kind of "mess up" before. It is really frustrating for both parent and child, especially if the child had finally found something he/she enjoyed learning and had friends there (they usually look forward to go for the lesson).

Suggest you call HQ and let inform them on your situation. They might be able to arrange for a transfer to another centre.

mantaray
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

problem is the mess up is with the HQ I am dealing with

Post by mantaray » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:10 am

Hi.... problem is the HQ took over the franchisee for reasons not told to us. Centre was suddenly shut and the problems happened. The accounts staff at HQ was the one who told me that I paid till Oct. Subsequently when I complaint, the Chief Ops Person at Kindergolf HQ sad she checked and my payment was last maid in Dec - but she said it was for periods in Nov which is not my understanding - I am confused why their system is as such.

But most important of all when I asked for refund - they said it will be on an exception and made via Kindergolf Vouchers. Absurd. Force their customer away and expect to make recovery using Kindergolf vouchers with my money which they owe me. Pls take note in dealing with Kindergolf pls.

DP9
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by DP9 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:19 pm

I read this thread with a lot of interest - seems strange as I thought Kinder Golf was quite well run.

I enrolled my son at Shaws Little League - where golf is one of the sports - he hasnt played golf yet as we have only been twice and so far have played volleyball, tennis, basketball and baseball. He loved the tug of war as well - its pretty inspiring seeing the little children really giving it their all trying to pull the rope against their friends.

He seems to be having a great time and the staff work hard to ensure the kids are kept moving and engaged all the time.

Will let you know what their golf activities are like - not sure when they are on as they have a whole range of sports.

Best

SoWoW
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by SoWoW » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:20 am

super_dad wrote:Yeah, golfing always meant for the upper echelon of the population. Even the basic equipment is going to set you back by a couple thousands, I think. Not to mention the classes.

But I suppose it has its own fun and challenges. I do enjoy computer golf myself. But to actually go to a green...nah. I would rather be out at sea. Who wants to sign deals on a boat? :lol:
sorry, do u owe one? If yes, keen to take ppls out to the sea?
I have been wanting to take my kids out to the sea......just cruising. Not so much abt fishing. Got lobang?