All About Golf

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
fattysuperfamily
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by fattysuperfamily » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:34 pm

noobparent wrote:oooh. expensive sport to pick up.

I assume after your boy picks up the rudimentary of golf, you'll be bringing him to play at some club?
Yes agree. Unless parents are golf enthusiatics themselves...otherwise IMO can explore other sports...just my thoughts...

krazy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by krazy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:45 pm

My girl will be going for the trial class this Sunday. But my hub and I will most probably sign up with her for the class. Really excited and looking forward to the class. :)

are there anything I should be looking out for?

krazy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by krazy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:20 pm

We started our classes for 3 weeks now and we love it. :) but my hub and I, our bodies ache.. Ha ha. My girl has taken to it rather well. Gd to pick up as a family.. Next time can do it together

krazy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Recommendations for Junior Golf Sets

Post by krazy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:23 am

I am hoping to get some recommendations on which junior golf sets to purchase.

Can anyone help?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:39

Re: Recommendations for Junior Golf Sets

Post by sleepy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:03 pm

krazy wrote:I am hoping to get some recommendations on which junior golf sets to purchase.

Can anyone help?

Taylormade

dadsforlife.sg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by dadsforlife.sg » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:28 pm

krazy wrote:I am hoping to get some recommendations on which junior golf sets to purchase.

Can anyone help?

For junior sets, you can try Golf House (brand new).

Depending on the age of your girl, you might also want to consider ladies' sets, and also ask the coach for recommendations.

Finally, check out Golf Zone at Far East Shopping Center (NOT Far East Plaza). They have second-hand clubs, which I would recommend because beginners usually need to change clubs after 6-12 months.

Happy golfing!

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by verykiasu2010 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:35 pm

noobparent wrote:oooh. expensive sport to pick up.

I assume after your boy picks up the rudimentary of golf, you'll be bringing him to play at some club?
and some families ended up buying into the golf membership

krazy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by krazy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:31 am

Dadsforlife:

Thank you for the recommendations! we spoke to my girl's coach last week and he recommended getting her customized clubs. so we did. :) in fact, he took her measurements and we will be receiving the new clubs morrow when she goes for her class.
kind of exciting...

i am also thinking of getting myself a set.. but am holding it on till later.. see how first.. my hub needs too. hahaha
alamak!! so many sets to get..

dadsforlife.sg wrote:For junior sets, you can try Golf House (brand new).

Depending on the age of your girl, you might also want to consider ladies' sets, and also ask the coach for recommendations.

Finally, check out Golf Zone at Far East Shopping Center (NOT Far East Plaza). They have second-hand clubs, which I would recommend because beginners usually need to change clubs after 6-12 months.

Happy golfing!

dadsforlife.sg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by dadsforlife.sg » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:48 am

Wow, custom clubs. Your daughter must have been playing for quite a while? Great to have clubs that are fitted, they're perfect for serious golfers.

For you and hub, try to find friends who can lend you clubs to try, so that you can get an idea of what you like.

Cheers!

[quote="krazy"]Dadsforlife:

Thank you for the recommendations! we spoke to my girl's coach last week and he recommended getting her customized clubs. so we did. :) in fact, he took her measurements and we will be receiving the new clubs morrow when she goes for her class.
kind of exciting...

i am also thinking of getting myself a set.. but am holding it on till later.. see how first.. my hub needs too. hahaha
alamak!! so many sets to get..

krazy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by krazy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Dadsforlife:
My girl has been playing for only 2 months but she is enjoying it and I was thinking of getting her a set. Tried to get new clubs or 2nd hand ones for that matter but didn't know how to choose.

the good thing about getting her customised clubs, the coach said that her clubs can be "extended" so she doesn't need to change them when she is older.. so can use for quite a number of years. :)

we picked up her clubs yesterday and she used them for her lessons. She was so happy. haha..

getting her own clubs also mean that now we can just go to the driving range for our own practice.

dadsforlife.sg wrote:Wow, custom clubs. Your daughter must have been playing for quite a while? Great to have clubs that are fitted, they're perfect for serious golfers.

For you and hub, try to find friends who can lend you clubs to try, so that you can get an idea of what you like.

Cheers!