All About Golf

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:119

Children Golf lessons

Post by Jennifer » Thu May 19, 2011 3:33 pm

Anyone has experience with this centre ?

http://www.golflessons.com.sg/junior-golf-lessons.htm

Appreciate your sharing.

MoonFlower
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Children Golf lessons

Post by MoonFlower » Fri May 27, 2011 10:17 am

Hi jennifer,

I have not experience with this centre, however my ds had been learning golf. Where are you staying and how old is yr child? There are now many golf centres around, so far i know is if you really want to learn golf, kinder golf is not so good choice at least years back unless now they teach at the range.

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:1

Post by Happy Mama » Fri May 27, 2011 10:35 am

Jen, besides trying at Golf Centres for kids, another option would be to drop by driving ranges convenient to you, to take a look. Usually there'll be lessons conducted at the driving range and you can watch how these coaches coach others and if you like his style, you can approach him directly. Alternatively, you can also walk in the golf pro shops at country clubs or driving ranges and they usually have coaches to recommend too.

These coaches will guide your son at the driving range first and when ready, theyll take your son to the greens and will also arrange for PC test for your son.

Just my 2 cents worth on other option. :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Jennifer » Fri May 27, 2011 11:08 am

MoonFlower wrote:Hi jennifer,

I have not experience with this centre, however my ds had been learning golf. Where are you staying and how old is yr child? There are now many golf centres around, so far i know is if you really want to learn golf, kinder golf is not so good choice at least years back unless now they teach at the range.

My boy is P4 this year, still 9 y.o (Sept then 10 y.o).

We stay ard Toh Tuck Rd (off Upper Bt Timah Rd).

He is very interested in the game of golf, watches the Golf channel on SCV and knows a lot (I think lah) about the game too.

Where is your boy learning?

I dun drive and cant depend on hubby to send him for lessons, so public tpt accessibility is an impt factor when considering which centre to learn from.

Appreciate your advice.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Jennifer » Fri May 27, 2011 11:10 am

Happy Mama wrote:Jen, besides trying at Golf Centres for kids, another option would be to drop by driving ranges convenient to you, to take a look. Usually there'll be lessons conducted at the driving range and you can watch how these coaches coach others and if you like his style, you can approach him directly. Alternatively, you can also walk in the golf pro shops at country clubs or driving ranges and they usually have coaches to recommend too.

These coaches will guide your son at the driving range first and when ready, theyll take your son to the greens and will also arrange for PC test for your son.

Just my 2 cents worth on other option. :wink:

Appreciate your sharing :smile:

kiasu mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by kiasu mummy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:49 am

Hi,

We stay in the East and would like to send our son to learn golf. We would prefer group instead of 1-to-1 classes.

Any recommendation?

Thanks.

pingathot
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by pingathot » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi Kiasu Mummy

You can send him to Phil Brew Golf Academy at NSRCC. I have just stopped my son's lesson temp 'cos he needs to collect score cards in order to get his handicap but the coach is too busy to bring him to the main course during the weekends.
For those not staying in the East, you can try Honshin. I think now they are at the West. Formerly they are at NSRCC.

krazy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by krazy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Hello pingathot
May I ask how is Phil Brew Golf Academy? My girl is learning else where and on a weekend and I was thinking of getting her to start classes at Phil Brew Golf Academy and let her play on Friday evening.

Sent them an email enquiring but there was no reply from them. Not even a phone call.

pingathot wrote:Hi Kiasu Mummy

You can send him to Phil Brew Golf Academy at NSRCC.

pingathot
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by pingathot » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi Krazy
Phil Brew Golf Academy is quite good. How old is your girl 'cos they take at least from 6yrs and their coaches are mainly native so your girl must at least know how to grasp their accents.

krazy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by krazy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:04 pm

Hey hey :)

Thanks for your reply.

My girl is 6 this year. She started last September. My hub and I went to NSRCC to take a look as we were keen to sign up but their "no reply" was quite a disappointment.