All About Golf

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
princesskaris
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Children Golf lessons

Post by princesskaris » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi, may i know what's the min age for Phil brew and star golf academy? Do they learn golf at the driving range or in an indoor setting like Kindergolf? My daughter went for a trial at Kindergolf and she enjoyed the trial alot. I am thinking of signing her up for golf lesson but i'm not sure if there are better options around. I stay in the north-east. would like to hear from you. TIA!

Vegas
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Vegas » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:16 am

I'm planning to enrol my son (4yrs) in Star Golf Academy. Can someone please recommend a coach who is good with young children. Also, is it advisable to enrol him in the (i) group or (ii) private class.

kiasu mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by kiasu mummy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:12 am

Vegas wrote:I'm planning to enrol my son (4yrs) in Star Golf Academy. Can someone please recommend a coach who is good with young children. Also, is it advisable to enrol him in the (i) group or (ii) private class.

Hi Vegas,

DS has just finished his beginner course with coach Paul (PGA Great Britain) at Star Golf whom we wish to continue with intermediate class. However, a class of 3 students is required and this criteria cannot be achieved at the timing slot we wanted so we have no choice but switch DS to Phil Brew at NSRCC.

I suggest you start off your son with a group so that he can mingle with his peers (at least there is a wider interaction) and also they can have friendly matches among themselves. Coach Paul is really patience and fantastic with kids and, we were really impressed with Coach Paul's presentation of DS's progress in every of the 24 lessons so meticulously.

kiasu mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by kiasu mummy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:37 am

princesskaris wrote:Hi, may i know what's the min age for Phil brew and star golf academy? Do they learn golf at the driving range or in an indoor setting like Kindergolf? My daughter went for a trial at Kindergolf and she enjoyed the trial alot. I am thinking of signing her up for golf lesson but i'm not sure if there are better options around. I stay in the north-east. would like to hear from you. TIA!

Hi princesskaris,

Both NSRCC and Star Golf train kids from driving range and Star Golf has 2 hours of exposure to the green which DS and peers have a whale of good time for 3 holes but I think the children enjoyed the buggy ride the best. How old is your daughter? Why not make a trip with your daughter to these two schools so that you two can gauge the training preferred and the coaching style of the coach?

Our exp with Coach Paul of Star Golf is very positive. :smile:

Pisceanblues
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Asian Golf Institute any good?

Post by Pisceanblues » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi there

Has anyone taken lessons at the Asian Golf Institute based at Keppel Club and any feedback on the coaches?

Thanks
Matt

jovial555
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

All About Golf

Post by jovial555 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Original Title: Is mini golf a sport?

not many places to play in singapore, but would you consider it a sport for your child?

jovial555
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Mini Golf Party in Singapore, where?

Post by jovial555 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:14 pm

I guess the following are the options in Singapore, anymore please add :)

Lilliputt
http://www.lilliputt.com

3D Glow Golf at Amazonia
http://www.amazoniafun.com/attractions/mini-golf/

My MiniGolf Party
http://www.myminigolfparty.com

sweetbaby
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:7

Re: All About Golf

Post by sweetbaby » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:27 am

Where's a good place to purchase kids golf attire? thx u

SGrunClub
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by SGrunClub » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:34 pm

Have a read on this article, Obama, on Hawaii vacation, golfs with New Zealand PM

US President Barack Obama played golf with New Zealand Prime Minister John Key in Hawaii, in a rare vacation encounter with a foreign official.

The statesmen hit the green at a US Marine Corps base on the northeastern coast of the island of Oahu.

Obama and his family are spending more than two weeks in Hawaii and have rented a house near the base, located about a dozen miles (20 kilometers) from Honolulu, where Obama was born.

The leaders, joined by Key’s teenage son and White House aide Marvin Nicholson, hit several balls and joked around in front of reporters.Obama, on Hawaii vacation, golfs with New Zealand PM

Ben Rhodes, a deputy national security adviser who accompanied the president to Hawaii, tweeted that “New Zealand is one of our closest friends (and home to very good golfers…)”

In a statement, the White House said the politicians have long talked about their shared interest in golf and enjoyed the chance to spend several hours together on the course.

“President Obama and Prime Minister Key have developed a close partnership, which reflects the friendship and broad cooperation between the United States and New Zealand,” it said.

“While the two leaders are both enjoying some time off with their families and friends, they also reaffirmed our continued work together to deepen our trade relationship, enhance regional security and support the democratic values that the United States and New Zealand share.”

Thursday marked Obama’s eighth round of golf during his vacation, which hit the 13-day mark. The president usually plays with friends or colleagues and has even teed off with White House chef Sam Kass.

In contrast to his predecessor George W. Bush, who hosted foreign counterparts at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, Obama prefers to surround himself with family and friends during his time off — usually spent in Hawaii at the end of the year and Martha’s Vineyard in the summer.

However, while on holiday on the swank East Coast island in 2010, he played with then-New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Obama is due to leave Hawaii aboard Air Force One on Sunday to return to Washington, an eight-hour flight away.

From: http://sgrunclub.com/blog/obama-on-hawa ... ealand-pm/

Under Golf Category: http://sgrunclub.com/blog/category/golf/

JLgolf
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by JLgolf » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:16 pm

HI Everyone,

I am JL here, I am a golf coach teaching at Keppel at the moment. We are having a promotion at the moment as we just open in January (a new golf academy) its $30 an hour min 3 kids to start and its a 3 month package. we have a proper golf program for weekly basis. Just a quick introduction about myself! I am 28 going 29 this year and I have been golfing since 10 years old. I am in the national team when I am 14 years old and been playing competitive golf since then. I turned professional in 2010 and played on the professional tour for 2 years and I am also the only female professional that holds a AA membership in Singapore Professional Golf association currently. I have since been teaching after my competitive career. I teach both Kids and adults and some even play and compete in the national school events. Please PM me for more details or ask me questions if you like I will be more than happy to reply. Happy Golfing! =)