All About Recreational Swimming

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
MiCh33
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Recreational Swimming

Post by MiCh33 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Any ongoing swimming lessons for kids in Parc Centros?

swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by swimironkids » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Parents why stop your kids swimming at Swimsafer Gold?

After that what happen?, 6months down e road all the strokes goes haywire.
You bring them to the pool to swim but 10 out of 10kids will end up playing and having fun instead of practicing their strokes

Why not sign them up for Semi Competitive or Competitive
My competitive training at Sengkang Swimming Complex every Wed7-830pm Thur6-730pm and Fri 8-9pm
If you can’t commit to a swim club requirements of minimum 3-5x a week
Check me out cos my Training are flexible day and time to suit their school load without yr commitments.
In my training I will correct your kids strokes and focus to improve their timing for competition and also assist them to getting into school via DSA program. ( requires 3-5x training)

Text me Coach Jeff at 93887383 if you re keen and I will give u more details for yr consideration
U can also find me at my Facebook Page , just do a search swimironkidz u can find more information there.
Of course I hv Learn to swim classes at Sengkang too just incase

Astar Swim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Astar Swim » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:50 pm

MiCh33 wrote:Any ongoing swimming lessons for kids in Parc Centros?

Gd review teaching at Astar Swim!
96527722!

https://www.facebook.com/astarswim/
https://astarswim.wordpress.com/

:thankyou:

PoopyBear
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by PoopyBear » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:42 pm

Is it normal for swim coach to conduct his own swimming certificate (self-print) and collect $50 from parents every 2 months. Swim test every 2 months takes up 1 swim lesson which is $35.

What is the normal practice if it rains and pools is close? Refund or make-up class? Or its just parent's bad luck? :siao:

What is the normal practice if it rains, does your instructor message you about status of swim class OR you expected to check with him in-person at the pool? :idea:

Instructor a very tanned older man from Toa Payoh Swimming Complex.

MerlionInGermany
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:20

Post by MerlionInGermany » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:16 pm

PoopyBear wrote: What is the normal practice if it rains and pools is close? Refund or make-up class? Or its just parent's bad luck? :siao:

What is the normal practice if it rains, does your instructor message you about status of swim class OR you expected to check with him in-person at the pool? :idea:
For us, if it rains, the class is cancelled. No refund, no replacement class.
But we will all be at the pool, so that the moment the rain stops, they start the class if it is still within the lesson time. So we dont check with the coach and neither does the coach call each of us to report on status. We will just go to the pool. (Same for our tennis class, it may be raining near home but not at the court, so no point checking status, just go)

Same when the lesson has started for 5mins, then it rains, we get out of the pool and wait for the rain to stop. Whether or not it eventually stops before the end of lesson time, we still need to pay for that lesson.

I think this is fair because the coach is physically there afterall, not like he took the money but spent the time drinking coffee. If he has to refund for every rainy day, then he might have to go without revenue for rainy months,

If this is a concern, maybe you should try to attend lessons at sheltered pools. Some public swimming pools have sheltered pools. So maybe because it is sheltered, they wont cancel the class, I am not sure but worth checking it out.

PoopyBear
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by PoopyBear » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:39 am

anybody has same experience on swim coach conducting his own swimming certificate (self-print) and collect $50 from parents every 2 months? swim test takes up 1 swim lesson slot.

Gemini15
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Gemini15 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:07 am

Any female swimming coach in Serangoon Swimming Complex? Looking for one female coach for my gal 6 years old. Prefer Sunday, any timing.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:324

Post by ChiefKiasu » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:29 am

Do u really need FEMALE swim coach just to train your DD? I know that's the best but they are hard to come by.

Gourd
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Gourd » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Kaydenmama wrote:Hi,

I am looking for swimming class (Beginner) for my boy (5 year old) at Sengkang Swimming Complex on Sunday morning after 9am. Small group (5-6 students) preferred. Do let me know if you have any existing class which he can join in. TQ.
Hi, did you manage to find the class? I am looking for swimming class for my boy age 5 at Sengkang too...

Astar Swim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Astar Swim » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:35 am

Gourd wrote:
Kaydenmama wrote:Hi,

I am looking for swimming class (Beginner) for my boy (5 year old) at Sengkang Swimming Complex on Sunday morning after 9am. Small group (5-6 students) preferred. Do let me know if you have any existing class which he can join in. TQ.
Hi, did you manage to find the class? I am looking for swimming class for my boy age 5 at Sengkang too...
Gd review teaching at Astar Swim!
ACRA and Gebiz registered
MOE and PA endorsed instructor
96527722!

https://www.facebook.com/astarswim/
https://astarswim.wordpress.com/

:thankyou: