All About Recreational Swimming

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
jkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: All About Recreational Swimming

Post by jkids » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:40 am

Hi parents

Past week + has been cold. I did not let my child attend for past two lessons due to cold weather or rain despite classes continue to run.

Did you do the same too or am I the odd out 'wasting money' by not going?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:126

Post by zac's mum » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:47 pm

jkids wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:40 am
Hi parents

Past week + has been cold. I did not let my child attend for past two lessons due to cold weather or rain despite classes continue to run.

Did you do the same too or am I the odd out 'wasting money' by not going?
Year-end monsoon season happens every year. I always let my son continue with his swim lessons as long as there’s no lighting alert. They are gonna get wet in the pool anyway, so it doesn’t matter if it’s raining!

Ensure the kid is wearing a proper thermal swimsuit that fits tightly, not too loose. This goes a long way in keeping the cold water out. I know parents who bring a hot water flask of Milo for the kids to drink before and after the lesson, to keep the body warm.

Don’t need to overprotect the kids or they will turn into strawberries. Boys will need to do army under all sorts of weather conditions. Don’t think they will even get umbrellas or exemption if it rains in the forest or during their POP route march.

3Ms
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by 3Ms » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:50 pm

Irispeck wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:44 pm
hi, I have a 5 years old daughter. She was having private swimming lesson but starting to get bored learning alone.
Any kids stay near marine parade wanna learn together at (cote dazur condo) with her please let me know. Her coach is very patient, caring and responsible.

Anyone looking for good swimming coach can pm me too.
Hi Iris

I have just PM you. :)

Vincentmoo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Vincentmoo » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:51 pm

Dear all, I am looking for swimming lessons in Tampines, preferably our tampines hub for my 5 years old boy. He has a little bit of phobia with water. Please let me know if you have any classes or instructors to recommend.

Vincentmoo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Vincentmoo » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:51 pm

Dear all, I am looking for swimming lessons in Tampines, preferably our tampines hub for my 5 years old boy. He has a little bit of phobia with water. Please let me know if you have any classes or instructors to recommend.

mummyK30
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by mummyK30 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:41 am

Vincentmoo wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:51 pm
Check https://swimminglessonscoach.com/tampin ... g-complex/
My sister-in-law's child is taking swimming lessons with them and he was able to overcome his fear.

jkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by jkids » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:50 pm

Anyone with FINS swimming sch? Do u find their programmes or each level takes quite long to complete?

Eg. Beginners 6 mths, intermediate 1 year, advanced 9 mths

jkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by jkids » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:50 pm

Anyone with FINS swimming sch? Do u find their programmes or each level takes quite long to complete?

jliu76746
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jliu76746 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:24 pm

jkids wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:50 pm

That will depend on the learning curve of the student. I guess their timeline for learning is acceptable.

QueenC18
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by QueenC18 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:12 am

Hello! If you need help regarding swimming lessons, just send me a message to further assist you. Thanks!