kiasu_pig
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Wushu For Kids

Post by kiasu_pig » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:34 pm

concern2 wrote:
titank wrote:Hi All,

What are the differences learning Wushi in the HQ as compare in those CC? Is there any kind of grading in Wushu?
Same question I'd like to find out.
Wow... Now we are in 2016 and this question remains unanswered. DS#2 is interested in wushu and we'll be trying it out @ WuFang this weekend. Hope DS#2 likes it.

Imp75
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:29

Post by Imp75 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:29 am

kiasu_pig wrote:
concern2 wrote:

What are the differences learning Wushi in the HQ as compare in those CC? Is there any kind of grading in Wushu?
Wow... Now we are in 2016 and this question remains unanswered. DS#2 is interested in wushu and we'll be trying it out @ WuFang this weekend. Hope DS#2 likes it.
Wufang is an established wuguan established by Vincent Ng. He had produced national team competitors before. One or two of his athletes were represented in the recent SEA Games.
Not sure what level your son is enrolled in but the beginning might be tough. Once he can overcome the hard training, the rest should get better.

kiasu_pig
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by kiasu_pig » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:08 pm

Wufang is an established wuguan established by Vincent Ng. He had produced national team competitors before. One or two of his athletes were represented in the recent SEA Games.
Not sure what level your son is enrolled in but the beginning might be tough. Once he can overcome the hard training, the rest should get better.
Going for the Basic 五步拳. DS#2 will be 7 comes May, and hes v active. Yeah, hope he would be able to overcome the initial hard training, or rather to sustain the novelty of learning wushu..

Incredible super mum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Wushu

Post by Incredible super mum » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:59 am

Hi, I am new to KS parents community. I just join as I am trying to source for a really good and well acclaimed wushu academy for my 12yo DS and need some help here. She joint the school WS CCA for 4 years but unfortunately they are not focus on competing but more on performing for school events (like performing art). I have tried sending her to private academy but didn't quite work out and she didn't really like it. Am hoping she can train up by the time she is up for DSA selection. Wonder if the parents here have Any recommendations ?
Thank.

lynntan15
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by lynntan15 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:08 am

Incredible super mum wrote:Hi, I am new to KS parents community. I just join as I am trying to source for a really good and well acclaimed wushu academy for my 12yo DS and need some help here. She joint the school WS CCA for 4 years but unfortunately they are not focus on competing but more on performing for school events (like performing art). I have tried sending her to private academy but didn't quite work out and she didn't really like it. Am hoping she can train up by the time she is up for DSA selection. Wonder if the parents here have Any recommendations ?
Thank.
If your child cannot win any medals for the coming inter-school wushu competitions, would recommend that you don't waste your time DSA for wushu. Also if she didn't really like it, why want to commit her to wushu in her secondary years? Might as well focus the efforts on other areas like her PSLE or other interests of hers.

Incredible super mum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Incredible super mum » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:20 am

lynntan15 wrote:
Incredible super mum wrote:Hi, I am new to KS parents community. I just join as I am trying to source for a really good and well acclaimed wushu academy for my 12yo DS and need some help here. She joint the school WS CCA for 4 years but unfortunately they are not focus on competing but more on performing for school events (like performing art). I have tried sending her to private academy but didn't quite work out and she didn't really like it. Am hoping she can train up by the time she is up for DSA selection. Wonder if the parents here have Any recommendations ?
Thank.
If your child cannot win any medals for the coming inter-school wushu competitions, would recommend that you don't waste your time DSA for wushu. Also if she didn't really like it, why want to commit her to wushu in her secondary years? Might as well focus the efforts on other areas like her PSLE or other interests of hers.

I agree with you that if she doesn't win medal, chances of DSA is not there but unfortunately even the CCA selection process is v tough for Secondary school. My elder DS went for selection trial for badminton and was not selected despite her being in the badminton school team as there are only 10 vacancy left after the DSA taking up most of the spots and now she is being assigned to a CCA that she doesn't like. My DS likes wushu and since she has the foundation, it wold be a waste if she can't get in. And if the sec school she gets in does not offer Wushu, at least she can continue the training w the respective academy.

epping
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by epping » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi,

Does Anyone know where can I buy feiyue shoes?
(Other than yifong sports)

Thank you

garlicmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by garlicmummy » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:32 am

epping wrote:Hi,

Does Anyone know where can I buy feiyue shoes?
(Other than yifong sports)

Thank you
I have seen quite a few neighbourhood shoes shops carry the feiyue shoes.

Superstressed
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Superstressed » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:05 pm

kiasu_pig wrote:
concern2 wrote:

My boy has been with WuFang's satellite classes @ CC for abt 4 yrs, since he was 4yo. I am not too sure whether there is a difference in learning at HQ vs the satellite classes at CCs. There is grading every time a weapon is mastered with certs issued.

So far so gd though, but i dunno if he wants to take up wushu as his cca in sch :)

Monster Mummy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Monster Mummy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi,

If you would like to explore the child to competition, it would be best to send to HQ as CC is more for leisure and grading. Maybe you would like to have a talk with the coach.