Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Gymnastics

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Gymnastics?

Postby firestation » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:03 pm

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

anybody sending their kids for gym classes? What's yr experience like?? My kid is 6 and just started attending gym class at one of the gym clubs.. I am talking about real gymnastics and not play gym..

firestation
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Gymnastics?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:47 pm

firestation wrote:anybody sending their kids for gym classes? What's yr experience like?? My kid is 6 and just started attending gym class at one of the gym clubs.. I am talking about real gymnastics and not play gym..

I've been looking for a suitable gym for my 3yo daughter for ages. Which club is your kid with? What are your thoughts? I am planning to send my daughter to schoolhouse by the bay where they have gym classes during the weekend.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby firestation » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:59 pm

well, my kid was with Junior Gym club.. They use the Chinese High Gym.. Am in the midst of changing my kid to another club.. For 3 years old, U may want to stick to those like tumble tots or whatever play gym there is out there.. Play Gym at Woodlands Civic Plaza is really good. There are plenty play gym around, and most important is to let yr kid enjoy.. I did not send my kid to any gym class till this year.. But she hits the playground very often and is generally a very agile kid. This year, she took up gym class as a sport. She thoroughly enjoys it.. U can check out the various gym clubs at the singapore gymnastics website.. Some clubs allow free trial and some do charge for a fee. U may wish to try these clubs when yr kid is a tad older. Altho these clubs may have something for yr kid, those play gyms are just fine for yr little one. BECAUSE, I find the instructors at play gym are more in tune to younger ones (generally).. Many of these gym clubs hv coaches from China and they can be quite 'fierce'.

firestation
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Gym

Postby proudmum » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:49 am

Just to share, my child was also previously from MFC Newton. I took her out after a 2 year stint bec I find the school rigid. Because she is an only child, I realised the Montessori method isn't suitable for her as they do not encourage social, co-operative learning and group play. I moved her to Pat's schoolhouse Halifax and she enjoyed herself. She started to develop the other skills that she was lacking. She is currently in P1, in one of the elite school in bukit timah and has settled down well - socially, academically.

With regards to your query on gym, at your children's age, My little gym at Forum would be more suitable. Prime Gym is more for the older kids. My child went thru both.

proudmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby metz » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:32 pm

The Junior Gym Club accepts kids as young as 2 yo, so long the kids can understand simple instructions. My gal joined the gym at 2yr 3mths old.

We have since withdrawn my kids from the JGC as there seems to be an overcrowding issue and manpower shortage.
metz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:14 pm

firestation wrote:well, my kid was with Junior Gym club.. They use the Chinese High Gym.. Am in the midst of changing my kid to another club.. For 3 years old, U may want to stick to those like tumble tots or whatever play gym there is out there.. Play Gym at Woodlands Civic Plaza is really good. There are plenty play gym around, and most important is to let yr kid enjoy.. I did not send my kid to any gym class till this year.. But she hits the playground very often and is generally a very agile kid. This year, she took up gym class as a sport. She thoroughly enjoys it.. U can check out the various gym clubs at the singapore gymnastics website.. Some clubs allow free trial and some do charge for a fee. U may wish to try these clubs when yr kid is a tad older. Altho these clubs may have something for yr kid, those play gyms are just fine for yr little one. BECAUSE, I find the instructors at play gym are more in tune to younger ones (generally).. Many of these gym clubs hv coaches from China and they can be quite 'fierce'.

Hi
Which new gym have you switched your child to?

I'm looking around for gym schools. Thanks for sharing :D

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Just wondering....any idea where do they undergo training?

Tabitha Tay Jia Hui Gymnastics
Nicole Tay Xi Hui Gymnastics

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby shine » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:28 am

Hi Chief

I remembered somewhere in this forum that you mentioned that you sent your daughter to a gym class in some cc? and you had a brief write-up of the class. Can't seemed to find it anywhere...can you enlighten me on where to find the discussion pl? Thanks!

shine
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:26 pm

shine wrote:Hi Chief

I remembered somewhere in this forum that you mentioned that you sent your daughter to a gym class in some cc? and you had a brief write-up of the class. Can't seemed to find it anywhere...can you enlighten me on where to find the discussion pl? Thanks!

I guess you must be referring to this thread.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby shine » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:58 pm

Thanks Chief! :D

shine
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres