Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Gymnastics

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

grace kids @ Greart World City

Postby lonerunner » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi!

Does anyone have any feedback/comments on Grace Kids @ Great World City? I am intending to enroll my 18 month old girl in the Waddlers' class. Many thanks in advance!

lonerunner
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tree nymph » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:06 am

Hi AB,

can you share with us how much is the class a term?

Thanks!

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:12 am

tree nymph wrote:Hi AB,

can you share with us how much is the class a term?

Thanks!

Hi tree nymph,

Okie, based on my receipt in March this year, I paid $360 for 12 weeks. There is a reg fee of S50 (one time only) and if my memory serves me right, there is a discount for siblings too, think 5% or 10%.

Hope this helps :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Re: kid's gym

Postby fattysuperfamily » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:26 pm

osomum wrote:I'm thinking of enrolling my 22 months old girl in a junior gym... a place where she can have fun.
I was looking thru some websites... Anyone have child / children in JTW Gym? My Gym Singapore? the little gyms of singapore? or gymboree play and music?

My gym is having a promotion - free lession aka trial on 28 Sep at Marine Parade and 4 Sep at Tampiness Mall.

www.mygym.com.sg

fattysuperfamily
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby i3mum » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi jce,

How old is your gal & which day do you send her? My kids are in Prime too, maybe we met before???
jce wrote:My daughter is with Prime, close to a year now. In the non-competitive group. Teacher is nice, encouraging. The young ones in the competitive group is trained by a Chinese national, and can see she pushes them to the limit. Older ones trained by Australians.

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funx3 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:21 pm

sagent wrote:
b2b3m4 wrote:Has any of your kids represent their school in gymnastics though their school do not have gymnastics as a CCA?
My DD is now taking gym privately and i will most probably send her to a school nearby. But the school do not have gymnastics and i am thinking if DD can represent her school in gym, can she register that as her CCA and not take on more CCA. Will it be a uphill task to take this approach or shld i really look for a school that has gym as a CCA? She's currently taking artistic and rhythmic gym.

yes, your dd can represent the school if the school is willing to submit her participation for the competition. Inter-schools competition is usually held in April. Am sure u can talk to the Head of CCA abt it. The only "problem" is maybe she can't qualify for team events if the school team has less than 5 members in the same category.

Hi b2b3m4,
Is your DD in P1?
U could approach the school CCA HOD, to register for Inter-school competition For Gym Competitions. Even if the school does not send any school team, you could enter as Individual competitor.
Saw some competitors did this in the past competitions.

However, check with your coach - some events like Uneven Bars in Artistic Gym may need Coach to be present during the competition, else deduction of marks.

Also, separate competition for Rhythmic Gym - Inter-school Minimum Level is : Level 1 FreeHand Group - Team of 5 event. No individual event for Level 1.
Level 2 (Ball, Rope) - can participate for Individual events.

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Gym Class

Postby Kokko » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 pm

I am looking for gym class for my son who is now 4.5 years old. And preferrably location at Sengkang at Hougang area. Can anyone recommend.

Kokko
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Faun » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:16 am

You can try Sports Council one at Bishan Sports Hall. Heard they closed for 1 year for YOG. Could be opened now. Price is very reasonable and 2 times a week 2 hours each time. Full Gym facility. Min. age is 4.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Gym Class

Postby Kokko » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks Yellow Belt.

The "problem" I had is the timing conducted by the SSC. Weekday between 3 - 5 pm is the sleeping time for my boy. Furthermore the travelling time is another factor. I have to bother my mum to bring him there which Ithink is not so nice (I'm a working mum).

I manage to find one gym class (named prime gym) on Saturday at 12.00 (located at Toa Payoh) and now is still considering very hard due to
the travelling distance (again) (almost 1.5 hours from Sengkang and needs to change 4 transportation !!).

Anyway I will not not give up but to source again for other gym lesson which is near my area (hopefully).

Once again thanks for your recommendation and have a nice day.

Cheers
Kokko

Kokko
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Gymnastics

Postby Kokko » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:27 am

Hi All,

Can you give comments for the below 2 gym centres :-

1) Prime Gym located at Toa Payoh
2) The Gymnastic Training Centre (premises at Hwa Chong JC)

I will be bring my son (4.5 years old) for trial lessons at the above 2 gyms but prior to that would like to hear comments on the teaching method etc...

Thanks.

Kokko
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres