Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Gymnastics

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Re: Gymnastics

Postby lovemykids » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Kayelinht wrote:
Kokko wrote:Hi Funx3

Thanks for informing.

I have signed my son at Prime Gym (Toa Payoh) last Saturday and it seem that he really enjoy the class.

Cheers

I have heard about Prime Gym, are their classes good? Is it more for competitive sports or just for fun kind?

Just wan to share with you another option. - Gymnastics Education located at Bukit Timah shopping center #B2-10. I enrol my child there and been there for their grand opening on 5th nov. the place is new and the coaches are v experience as they are all team sg gymnast. :) the owner, Mr. Dion is friendly and really have a way w kids.
most imptly, the price is really attractive at $16/lesson. :)

lovemykids
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Funx3 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:45 pm

mika_ling wrote:ic.. Peihwa is a good school :) u stay nearby there?

My ger just the gym not long ago.. So just wana get a feedback on how good is that school.. She is joining the competition team now.. Not sure if its a good choice to expose her at this young age..

Yes, within walking distance from the school .... that's Y go there-lah!

Just to share with U my experience for my Gal when she's 5 ....
She has requested me (YEAH, Really, She Bug me Day after Day, Mummy have U Register me in This OR that Class already or Not .... If Not Yet, Y, Can U register Now.... Till I've Done So!!!!) to enrol in quite a number of Enrichment Class in her Kindy and P1 Years -
1. Chinese Dance (NAFA)
2. Ballet (NAFA)
3. Speech and Drama (NAFA)
4. Taekwando
5. Chinese Ink Painting and Caligraphy
6. Abacus and Mental Arithmatic
7. Piano
8. Arts (NAFA)
Note : I've only included CCA in the Above List ....

And from the introduction and exposure she had to these CCA, as years go by, she has make her decision which activities she wants to keep pursuing, which to drop, and which to put on standby. (Lots of clashes in class when she gets older, and so has to make decision to cut out the classes ....)

I would say, she has becomes more decisive, very independent, and responsible with the decisions she has to make ....
And she has develop Better Time Management Skill - since young, I never have to plan for her what, when to study .... she manage her own exam revision schedule, so I'm not overly Worried even if I found her playing internet Games the Nite B4 Exam .... She Told me .... She has studied and now need to De-stressed .....

She's introduced to Gym in P1 as CCA in 2nd term - and Join the school Team in P2 in end Term 1, start to compete in P2 (mid-yr) representing school in the Inter-school (Not doing badly, since their team secure 2nd Overall in their division with her as the youngest in the team).

So I would say, just Try to expose your Gal to as much CCA Classes as U could make it at this age .... and see how her interest develop later and focus on those classes she wish to continue.

It's good to let her do it around her age now, as U know, many Institute such as NAFA likes to catch these Young Talents "at a Young Age" and its easier to Enrol them in these schools with Professional Guidance if the kid's Talent is recognised at a Young Age ....

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mika_ling » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:37 pm

hi Funx3

thanks for sharing.. wow really alot of activities.. You have only one kid? :P

haiz, no good schools near my area..

mika_ling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby i3mum » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi Funx3,

May I know how old is your DD now? Is she still in any courses in NAFA? Can share?

Funx3 wrote:Yes, within walking distance from the school .... that's Y go there-lah!

Just to share with U my experience for my Gal when she's 5 ....
She has requested me (YEAH, Really, She Bug me Day after Day, Mummy have U Register me in This OR that Class already or Not .... If Not Yet, Y, Can U register Now.... Till I've Done So!!!!) to enrol in quite a number of Enrichment Class in her Kindy and P1 Years -
1. Chinese Dance (NAFA)
2. Ballet (NAFA)
3. Speech and Drama (NAFA)
4. Taekwando
5. Chinese Ink Painting and Caligraphy
6. Abacus and Mental Arithmatic
7. Piano
8. Arts (NAFA)
Note : I've only included CCA in the Above List ....

And from the introduction and exposure she had to these CCA, as years go by, she has make her decision which activities she wants to keep pursuing, which to drop, and which to put on standby. (Lots of clashes in class when she gets older, and so has to make decision to cut out the classes ....)

I would say, she has becomes more decisive, very independent, and responsible with the decisions she has to make ....
And she has develop Better Time Management Skill - since young, I never have to plan for her what, when to study .... she manage her own exam revision schedule, so I'm not overly Worried even if I found her playing internet Games the Nite B4 Exam .... She Told me .... She has studied and now need to De-stressed .....

She's introduced to Gym in P1 as CCA in 2nd term - and Join the school Team in P2 in end Term 1, start to compete in P2 (mid-yr) representing school in the Inter-school (Not doing badly, since their team secure 2nd Overall in their division with her as the youngest in the team).

So I would say, just Try to expose your Gal to as much CCA Classes as U could make it at this age .... and see how her interest develop later and focus on those classes she wish to continue.

It's good to let her do it around her age now, as U know, many Institute such as NAFA likes to catch these Young Talents "at a Young Age" and its easier to Enrol them in these schools with Professional Guidance if the kid's Talent is recognised at a Young Age ....

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funx3 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:19 am

mika_ling wrote:hi Funx3
thanks for sharing.. wow really alot of activities.. You have only one kid? :P

Nope. Got 3 - That's Y I'm Funx3!!!! :lol: :lol:

But my Gals' the Youngest and Got the Most Request!!!!
(Most COSTly Also ....)

My 2 Older Boys - Got to Drag them to Classes when they R Young ....
And Give Up Long Long Long Long Time Ago during their lower primary days on enroling them for CCA ....

Their Love Now, and since Young .... Has Been .... U Guess It - the ALMIGHTY COMPUTER GAMES!

Blame their Dad for it, they Know How to Click and Manouver the Mouse Around before They Could Hold Their Folk and Spoon Properly - Guess it is in their Nature ....

By the Way, my Eldest Son "Assisted" to CRASH his Dad's Computer at Least 3 times b4 he's 2 years old .... Sigh ....

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funx3 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:46 am

i3mum wrote:Hi Funx3,
May I know how old is your DD now? Is she still in any courses in NAFA? Can share?

She's in P5 this year.
And Yes, she's Still in Chinese Dance in NAFA and Doing Very Well.
This is her Passion - she Loves to dance.
I Always Marvel at her "Contortionist" Movement, Being Very Flexible and able to pick up Dance movements / Routines Fast.
Guess She's Got the Co-operation of Her Body .... Unlike STIFF Old ME :lol: :lol:

She will be taking her Grade 8 Chinese Dance Graded Exam conducted by Beijing Academy of Chinese Dance in 2 weeks time, at the same time busy preparing for :
1) her NAFA year end Concert (NAFA R very professional and drills them extremely Hard thru the year even though they R just kids).
2) her school's, Year End Prize Giving Day Gym Performance next Friday.

For the NAFA courses, She has Drop Speech and Drama like a Hot brick after just 1 term in Kindy - Not her Cup of Tea.
She Loves the Art Classes there (they have long waiting list - 1k+, this is One Course that's very Hot and Popular among the Kiasu Parents) - but also drop the class later due to class clashes.
She has stuck with Ballet till she's in P2 - Also have to drop due to class clashes - She has chosen to stick with Chinese Dance over Ballet.

Guess she will continue till Grade 13. After that we'll see how it goes.
(Next Grade is Diploma Level ....)

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby i3mum » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi Funx3,

Thanks for sharing! You must have done a good job in nuturing your kids, ESP your DD!

I also think once the child gets busy with primary school work & CCAs, we have to cut down the rest of the classes. Wanted to check if you know CCAs are conducted on Saturday for primary schools or only on weekdays?

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funx3 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 pm

i3mum wrote:Hi Funx3,

Thanks for sharing! You must have done a good job in nuturing your kids, ESP your DD!

I also think once the child gets busy with primary school work & CCAs, we have to cut down the rest of the classes. Wanted to check if you know CCAs are conducted on Saturday for primary schools or only on weekdays?

Thank Q for your compliment. :oops: But Paisei, Don't think I'm really that Good .... Though I Often Put Myself in their shoes, and Imagine "If I am their Age, What would I like to Do", then Factor in my own "ADULT" Sense ....

Glad to Say that ALL my Kids R Very "Friend-Friend" to me and still willing to Talk to me on ALL Sorts of Issues ....

As for Sat CCA, Depends on Which School Your Child is In.
Most Schools Now Try to Cut back on CCA on Sat - " Hey Teachers Also Got Family, and SPore Govt R Encouraging More Org'n to have Sat OFF, Right?" :lol: :lol:

Unless its the Uniform Group, with OLD Boys/Gals Volunteers,
OR Got Very Very Important Upcoming Events like SYF Competitions and the Kids Really need Extra sessions just prior to the BIG Day ....
then they may have some CCA on Sat Morning (ONLY) sessions .... But Must pack up by 12noon, for my Gal's School.

So U can Safely schedule for External CCA on Weekends ....

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby i3mum » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:25 pm

:D I hope my kids will be like yours, cooperative & sensible! Yes, I m also thinking if school will cut down those CCAs on sat, so that I can send for classes.. hehe really have to plan well.

Thanks for your reply!
Funx3 wrote:Thank Q for your compliment. :oops: But Paisei, Don't think I'm really that Good .... Though I Often Put Myself in their shoes, and Imagine "If I am their Age, What would I like to Do", then Factor in my own "ADULT" Sense ....

Glad to Say that ALL my Kids R Very "Friend-Friend" to me and still willing to Talk to me on ALL Sorts of Issues ....

As for Sat CCA, Depends on Which School Your Child is In.
Most Schools Now Try to Cut back on CCA on Sat - " Hey Teachers Also Got Family, and SPore Govt R Encouraging More Org'n to have Sat OFF, Right?" :lol: :lol:

Unless its the Uniform Group, with OLD Boys/Gals Volunteers,
OR Got Very Very Important Upcoming Events like SYF Competitions and the Kids Really need Extra sessions just prior to the BIG Day ....
then they may have some CCA on Sat Morning (ONLY) sessions .... But Must pack up by 12noon, for my Gal's School.

So U can Safely schedule for External CCA on Weekends ....

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funx3 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:14 pm

i3mum wrote::D I hope my kids will be like yours, cooperative & sensible!

Sensible Part OK .... :love: :love:

Cooperative .... Er .... Let Me Tabulate Mentally ALL the Times they Sneekily DO something to Counter My "Sensible" Arrangement .....
Frankly, My Score Not Very Well .... :oops:

Kids Nowadays Got their Own Minds - We need to Negotiate with Them ....
:lol: :lol:

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres