Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Gymnastics

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Re: any recommendations for gym classes

Postby lovemykids » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:16 pm

ganchong wrote:[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

Hi all,

I am looking for a gym programme for my two sons, age 3 years and 21months old.

Does anyone have any feedback on the following gyms?

1. The little Gym at Forum Gallery, as read from the website, seems comprehensive in helping pre-schooler to achieve gross and fine motor skills
2. Sporty Joe at Turf City, looks more like the sort of fun kindergym for the young
3. Prime Gym at Toa Payoh, seems to be more competitive kind of gym trainings

I brought my 3 year old son to Brain Revolution to get assessed for his weakness and strengths in learnings. I am quite desparate as he was telling me that he do not like the montessori school he is attending. (BTW, he is attending Montessori For Children at Newton since this year)

Results showed that he need more trainings on gross motor and fine motor skills.The programme at the centre costs too much ( 1 hr = $120 ) so I am thinking of enrolling him in a gym which could help his motor skills.

I am very stressed cos all the other boys who went in the same batch as him are all happily settled in this school and only my son always reply with negative answers about the school, eg, not fun, not nice...
So wondering what is wrong with him, I thought that maybe this montessori school is abit "rigid" for him or he has learning difficulties in doing the montessori works so he is not enjoying the school. I do not wish to change school as this is the third school. Very headache to find school again.... :(

Anyone have any experiences with any one of the above gyms?

i enrol my child into Gymnastics Education at Bukit Timah Shopping Center.
I spoke to the owner, Mr. Dion, the youngest kid that hes taking at his Gym is 2.5yrs old.
Apparently, many gym for young kids are just play gym. However, Mr. Dion's Gym focus on kid's motor skills and coordination.

You can give it a try.

His contacts are as follows:
- 81123185 (HP)
- www.gymnastics.sg

Hope the above helps. :)

lovemykids
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby b2b3m4 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:32 am

Funx3 wrote:Hi b2b3m4,
Is your DD in P1?
U could approach the school CCA HOD, to register for Inter-school competition For Gym Competitions. Even if the school does not send any school team, you could enter as Individual competitor.
Saw some competitors did this in the past competitions.

However, check with your coach - some events like Uneven Bars in Artistic Gym may need Coach to be present during the competition, else deduction of marks.

Also, separate competition for Rhythmic Gym - Inter-school Minimum Level is : Level 1 FreeHand Group - Team of 5 event. No individual event for Level 1.
Level 2 (Ball, Rope) - can participate for Individual events.

Thanks for the reply. My ger will only be in p1 next yr. Let's see how it will work out eventually. She's currently oso taking ballet and piano. As a FTWM, i find it hard to schedule her lessons and training at home now. Now thinking if i shld let her drop piano.

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Funx3 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:04 pm

b2b3m4 wrote:My ger will only be in p1 next yr. Let's see how it will work out eventually. She's currently oso taking ballet and piano. As a FTWM, i find it hard to schedule her lessons and training at home now. Now thinking if i shld let her drop piano.

Think If U Can, Try To Let her Go thru P1, then U Sit Down with Her to See Where Her Interest Lies ....
P1 is Not So Bad, HW - Wise, So should B Able to Cope ....

:celebrate:

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby b2b3m4 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:28 am

Hi Funx,
are a working full time? I'm a FTWM and i was just been approached by my dd's coach to let my dd to join the competitive team. However training are on weekdays and i'm thinking how do parents cope with training like this.

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Funx3 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:20 pm

b2b3m4 wrote:Hi Funx,
are a working full time? I'm a FTWM and i was just been approached by my dd's coach to let my dd to join the competitive team. However training are on weekdays and i'm thinking how do parents cope with training like this.

Hi Sorry for the Late Reply,
Have not Been Looking at this Thread for Some Time ....

I Used to Work Full Time in my Gal's 1st 4 years in Primary School, but have tone down to Part Time Last Year ....

My Gal is in the School Competitive Team since P2, till Now.
Yes, Squeezing Time Out to send my Gal to Training is Rather a Strain to Me during those Days ....

My Gal Trains 3x per week in school, and 2x per week in External Gym ....
On top of that, during her P1 and P2 days, she's Got Chinese Dance and Ballet at NAFA, on top of other Enrichment Classes Like Abacus, Piano, Chinese Compo, Taekwando, etc.

I Rely A Lot on My Live-in Maid to Send My Gal to and From Class ....
Most of Her Classes R in the CC Nearby or in School (we R within Walking distance to school), So No Problem for My Maid to Handle ....

I Make it a point to Handle All the To-and-Fro for Far Away Classes like in NAFA, etc

Must Say it's Rather Taxing, But AS LONG AS My Gal wanted it, I'll Gotta Squeeze Time Out for Her lor ....

By Upper Primary, She has Decided What She Like to Keep and Drop the Rest ....
Reason Being :
1. Cannot have So Many Classes - Got Time Constraints ....
2. Lose Interest in Some Classes Already - No Longer Enjoy Them

So Now, Her Main Interest is in Rhythmic Gym and Chinese Dance ....

And, Oh Recently, Late Last Year,
She Develops interest in Chinese Caligraphy,
So Added Chinese Caligraphy Class in Waterloo Street to the list ....

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby b2b3m4 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:28 am

^ Funx3,
Thank you for the reply. I do not have a helper and her school do not have gym. So dd1 needs to travel from Sengkang to Toa Payoh for her gym. Thank goodness her ballet and music are nearby. Now i am thinking if i shld switch her gym club. DD1 is more interested in RG but her club only has RG once a week (1hr) which is not enough. She spent 4 hr per week on AG now. However dd2 is the AG one and trains 2x/week at the same club.
Which club does your dd go for her external RG training?

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Funx3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:59 am

b2b3m4 wrote:^ Funx3,
Thank you for the reply. I do not have a helper and her school do not have gym. So dd1 needs to travel from Sengkang to Toa Payoh for her gym. Thank goodness her ballet and music are nearby. Now i am thinking if i shld switch her gym club. DD1 is more interested in RG but her club only has RG once a week (1hr) which is not enough. She spent 4 hr per week on AG now. However dd2 is the AG one and trains 2x/week at the same club.
Which club does your dd go for her external RG training?

Flyonce - under Coach Sun Ping 93880938.
Train at Bishan Sports Hall - Got 2 session :
Sat 12noon to 3pm
Sun 4pm to 6pm
U can Choose the Number of Hours / how many days U wish to train.
She Does Both AG & RG Training at the same Time Slot.

Mmmmm ....
Gym at Toa Payoh ....
Which Gym is It?

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby b2b3m4 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

She's with Prime.

Thanks for the sharing, i'll check out Flyonce.

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Funx3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:55 pm

b2b3m4 wrote:She's with Prime.

Thanks for the sharing, i'll check out Flyonce.

Know Prime Gym is Very Good with AG, with Very High Standard.
Is Your Gal in Competitive Team?

Did Not Know they Teach RG ....
Who is the Coach?

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby b2b3m4 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:05 pm

^yep, she's in competitive AG. That's y I'm a bit reluctant to take her out of Prime. Will talk to her tonight n see which one she wants to focus on. She's with coach Yin Na at Prime. Was thinking if she prefers RG, I'll let her continue her AG at Prime once weekly for 2hr and RG with Flyonce.

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres