Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Gymnastics

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Postby vfong1 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:24 am

I'm thinking of enroling gym programme for my kids. Any recommendation?

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Yong HL » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:49 am

Hi vfong1

My girl is now is K1 and she is currently attending gymnastics class at bishan sports hall. Is this what you are looking for? :D

Yong HL
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vfong1 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:19 am

Yong HL wrote:Hi vfong1

My girl is now is K1 and she is currently attending gymnastics class at bishan sports hall. Is this what you are looking for? :D

Is your girl attending the competitive gym or just a leisure one?

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Yong HL » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:23 am

I signed her up just for leisure for the time being. Coz she is "always on the move" :) when you register, you will fill up the questionaire which ask the purpose of signing up. One of the coaches is featured in Channel U couple of months back in fact.. :)

Yong HL
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vfong1 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:31 am

Yong HL wrote:I signed her up just for leisure for the time being. Coz she is "always on the move" :) when you register, you will fill up the questionaire which ask the purpose of signing up. One of the coaches is featured in Channel U couple of months back in fact.. :)

Do you have the website of this gym?

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Yong HL » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:35 am

hi, i pm you the details already.

Yong HL
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Above&Beyond, BishanSSC, Bazgym

Postby Yerdua » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:56 am

Hi all,

My boy joined above and beyond gym class held at bishan when he was in N2. Its taught by "ang mo" using olympic sized equipments, like trampoline, the parallel beams etc. They also use proper gym lingo terms and poses. They are quite good with young children.

At the same bishan gym hall, the ssc also conduct gym class. from 4yo (if i'm not wrong). Coaches are from china. Some coaches are training the gymansts from singapore sport school. They speak little english. They are more to rountine, structured training. I swapped my boy to the SSC gym class when he was in k1. Now, my boy is in K2 and had proceed to level two under the coach recommendation.

Ard my place, Bazgym had opened a new sch. my boy went for the trial class. They put him in the GYm bear class, meant for K1 and k2 . After the class, i mention to the coach tt he's been training under the ssc gym class level two, now. The coach was not surprised saying that my boy'd done the exercises earlier very well and asked for his coach's name. He recognized the name immediately. I asked if can put him in the next level, gym boys if we join his school. He said that its not suitable for him as it for recreational only. He 's more suited for the competitve level.

I was surprised coz he's like the average student in his ssc gym class and yet over at bazgym, they thot so highly of him. So, even thou, we live in the west, my husband had decide to let him stay put at the bishan ssc gym class coz we deduce tt the bishan ssc gym classes seems to be like the benchmark of the children gymanasic scenc in s'pore.

My two cents worth of thots.....

Yerdua
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby smurf » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:03 pm

my boy is at bazgym, cos the kindergarten offer it. I dun see my boy doing those very complicated movement leh...he is in k1...only can do land somersault (dunno what they called it)...hmm...he joined the class since N2 though...

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Yerdua » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:12 am

Like the coach in bazgym says its classes are for recreational purposes.....what i deduce is its for fun only, not to pick up skills....?

Yerdua
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Aquamarine » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:27 am

I would like to send my girl to a gym class and tried to contact above & beyond gym by phone and email several times but they never replied. Yerdua/HL, are your children in above & beyond gym? Any specific contact that I should call? Thanks.

Aquamarine
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres