Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Gymnastics

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Re: All About Gymnastics

Postby sembgal » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Artistic Gymnastic at Pasir East CC @ Pasir Ris Drive 4. Can choose either Monday or Thursday evening. 1 hour class for kids. 7.15pm to 8.15pm

10 lessons $155

24 Feb to 28 Apr or 27 Feb to 8 May.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Liliana pink » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:11 pm

rahrahrhygymlover wrote:OH YEAH (sorry about the bright colours ;-; for just now's post) but erm I learnt rhy gym before for like half a year? but then i stopped cos i was too busy :'<< fyi only hahah
<3

You can try SORG, Fly once gymnastics or Releve gymnastics. Though crestar is for children up to 12 years they say teens can go for trial class before registering. maybe should go confirm with them. im looking for classes too (:

Liliana pink
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby paperprata » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi, my girl has been doing AG for some time, thinking to switching her to RG.

does anyone here have a good RG class to recommend in the East? Any comments about the lessons held at Crestar marine parade?

Thanks in advance! :)

paperprata
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby phtthp » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:14 am

The RG lessons at Crestar are for Recreation training only.
The trainers are Japanese teachers, from JACPAC.
Crestar hire them, to teach our local girls in RG.

Each year in early December :-
girls from all Crestar branches (Marine parade + Hougang + another branch) come together, combined to perform a great year end concert performance, at one of the Sports Hall.
This year end concert is a result of our children' one year training in RG.

Last year on 1 Dec 2013 :-
many (local Singapore + Japanese) children from K1 to P6, performed at Delta Sports complex.
Youngest age to join JACPAC RG is kindergarten K1
(The year the child turn 5 years old)

The mid to upper primary girls performed & danced very well, at the concert.
They spoke in Japanese, over microphone, to the spectators watching the concert.

If you are looking for competitive RG training, maybe consider elsewhere.

At Crestar -
kindergarten (K1 & K2) kids start training early using (ribbons, balls).
They start off at Level 1 (basic, elementary level) first.

When reach higher level, then they start to use club, circular loop.

Many of these kindergarten kids subsequently join CHIJ family girls primary schools, Marymount Convent, Paya Lebar Methodist primary, or other schools that have Rhythmic gymnastics as a cca, in their primary schools.
They come to Crestar early during (K1, K2) to acquire some basic foundation training /background, familiarize themselves in RG first, before take up RG cca later when they enter primary schools.

Here is training timetable schedule for Rhythmic gymnastics, at Crestar (Marine Parade):-
http://www.crestar.com.sg/index.php/sch ... ine-parade

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Liliana pink » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:09 pm

Liliana pink wrote:
Poonie wrote:Liliana Pink

Bt Timah.........ok I know of this coach who charges very reasonable rate and teaches near Coronation in one of the evenings. I will check with her if she can take you in for that evening class as that class are for more experienced gymnasts. Do you have some prior training or absolutely none? Are you in for recreation or competition cos she is coaching for competition. She will ask me these questions.

There is also Tiong Bahru CC where a reputable coach teaches on weekends. That class is more for recreation.
Alternatively you can go for private coaching by a former National Champion and judge. She teaches at Sengkang but may consider travelling to your place and do 1 to 1. Very patient and focused in her training. She also uses this VibroStretch Technique which is especially effective for late beginner as one will be able to do the split after 1 to 2 sessions on the Vibrogym machine. My daughter could touch the floor after 2 sessions when she was previously always a good 10cm away. Really frustrating for her. For the vibrogym facility you don't have to travel all the way to Sengkang. It is available at Newton.

Let me know which you are more interested in and I can let you have the contact details. For the coronation class I have to get back to you. Help me answer those questions above. Cheers.

Hi Poonie (:

thanks for the information. I have absolutely no training, and I don't mind going for both. But of course, I'd have to start out with recreational first right? Please give me the contact details for the private one and the coronation class. Thanks!! :smile:

Hi poonie

Could you give me the details for the coronation one? Thx

Liliana pink
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Liliana pink » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi,

I have read the previous pages of this thread, and I would just like to ask, is Kym Rhythmic Gymnastics still running or has it closed down?

Liliana pink
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Rhythmic Gymnastics

Postby Poonie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:09 pm

I am looking for a pre-loved rhythmic gymnastics competition leotard for my 12 year old. Let me know if you are selling or renting yours?

Poonie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Liliana pink » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi,

School of Rhythmic Gymnastics will be starting an all teens class for beginners. Sat 11am-1pm but it is not confirmed yet. So those who are interested can enquire and register!

Liliana pink
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby shokel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:08 pm

hi, just wana share that I've started to let my boy learn gymnastics lately too, and he enjoys it a lot! rather than playing at home, i think its good that he has some enrichment and activities to keep him occupied!
and exploring art classes and also reading classes! :)

shokel
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Liliana pink » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Those staying in West Singapore and are interested in Rhythmic Gymnastics can go join the one at Raffles Gymnastics Academy (:

Liliana pink
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres