Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Gymnastics

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Re: All About Gymnastics

Postby Veyron » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:37 pm

sembgal wrote:
phtthp wrote:if you're serious about learning Rhythmic Gymnastics and keen to join school team -
you should find out who is that specific RG coach attached to your dd school, responsible to train the girls.
instead of joining any RG training school, at random.

it's much more effective this way !

because whoever coach that's been attached to your dd particular primary school to train the girls in RG, is always on the constant lookout of talent pool, to join school team. And they have specific criteria to look out for, for girls keen to join school team.

if your dd go to another RG coach -
their criteria & training style may be different from that of the specific RG coach that's been attached to your dd school.

if you're not sure who is the specific RG coach in your dd school -
can call up your school, ask to speak to the Tr in charge of RG in the school.
This Tr in charge is not the coach.
But she'll know who is the RG coach, attached to your dd school.

SORG coaches http://www.sorg.com.sg/coaches.htm
are engaged by some popular schools specializing in Rhythmic Gymnastics.

Pang Qiong selects those who are truly outstanding in RG and only those selected by her can be trained by her. You cannot request for her to teach your child. The child must have the potential before she will teach.

As for Shen Yang, she is very strict in her teaching of RG to girls from school teams. A very popular coach engaged to train the girls' for school teams in school and for competition.

If parents want the children to go school team, be prepared to learn externally (at RG schools) as well as internally in school.

Any idea how much do SORG charge for each session?

Veyron
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Rhapsonia » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:49 am

Poonie wrote:Liliana Pink

Bt Timah.........ok I know of this coach who charges very reasonable rate and teaches near Coronation in one of the evenings. I will check with her if she can take you in for that evening class as that class are for more experienced gymnasts. Do you have some prior training or absolutely none? Are you in for recreation or competition cos she is coaching for competition. She will ask me these questions.

There is also Tiong Bahru CC where a reputable coach teaches on weekends. That class is more for recreation.

Alternatively you can go for private coaching by a former National Champion and judge. She teaches at Sengkang but may consider travelling to your place and do 1 to 1. Very patient and focused in her training. She also uses this VibroStretch Technique which is especially effective for late beginner as one will be able to do the split after 1 to 2 sessions on the Vibrogym machine. My daughter could touch the floor after 2 sessions when she was previously always a good 10cm away. Really frustrating for her. For the vibrogym facility you don't have to travel all the way to Sengkang. It is available at Newton.

Let me know which you are more interested in and I can let you have the contact details. For the coronation class I have to get back to you. Help me answer those questions above. Cheers.

Hi Poonie,

Looking at RG options for my teenage girl. She did ballet, was in chinese dance in all of primary and did AG for over a year. Now looking to try out RG more for recreation purpose. Can you give me the Bukit Timah coronation RG contact? Thanks!! Will drop you a PM too

Rhapsonia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby momresource » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:14 am

May I know the contact of the sengkang coach that can train the kids to do split in 1-2 session? Many thanks!

Rhapsonia wrote:
Poonie wrote:Liliana Pink

Bt Timah.........ok I know of this coach who charges very reasonable rate and teaches near Coronation in one of the evenings. I will check with her if she can take you in for that evening class as that class are for more experienced gymnasts. Do you have some prior training or absolutely none? Are you in for recreation or competition cos she is coaching for competition. She will ask me these questions.

There is also Tiong Bahru CC where a reputable coach teaches on weekends. That class is more for recreation.

Alternatively you can go for private coaching by a former National Champion and judge. She teaches at Sengkang but may consider travelling to your place and do 1 to 1. Very patient and focused in her training. She also uses this VibroStretch Technique which is especially effective for late beginner as one will be able to do the split after 1 to 2 sessions on the Vibrogym machine. My daughter could touch the floor after 2 sessions when she was previously always a good 10cm away. Really frustrating for her. For the vibrogym facility you don't have to travel all the way to Sengkang. It is available at Newton.

Let me know which you are more interested in and I can let you have the contact details. For the coronation class I have to get back to you. Help me answer those questions above. Cheers.

Hi Poonie,

Looking at RG options for my teenage girl. She did ballet, was in chinese dance in all of primary and did AG for over a year. Now looking to try out RG more for recreation purpose. Can you give me the Bukit Timah coronation RG contact? Thanks!! Will drop you a PM too

momresource
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Monster Mummy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:02 pm

Monster Mummy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby patlsy79 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:10 pm

Hi any rythemic gym contact for central/Queenstown?

patlsy79
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tM539106 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:58 am

Hi All,

I am looking for a china/local gymnastics trainer for 1 to 1 training.
Does any of you have any to introduce?

tM539106
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby GymMom » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:46 pm

tM539106 wrote:Hi All,

I am looking for a china/local gymnastics trainer for 1 to 1 training.
Does any of you have any to introduce?

Hi there, I send my child to Gymnastics Education at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre for regular group classes. It is a small gym but my child has no problem achieving the skills taught to her. They have private lessons as well where students get to choose what they want to learn. My child attended private lessons before the group class and has found it highly beneficial in attaining her basic skills before moving on to advanced skills. This is the contact if you are interested.

O: 64690789
HP: 83212183

GymMom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lonerunner » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:59 am

Try Bazgym (http://www.bazgym.com )
They have 2 branches - Jurong Safra and Ah Hood Road

lonerunner
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby happymumma » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:29 pm

Hi
I am new to this thread.

Does anyone's girl doing AG at Marymount convent school? Hows your experience like? how is the coach and is it just as good as their RG. Do you have to continue private lessons as well if want to go competation or the school coaching's
good enough?

I am considering to enrol my DD there for next year. She's doing AG at Prime rt now and loves it..

Any feedback is greatly appreciated:)

TIA

happymumma
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Wcu » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:39 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know how to join the st nicks AG classes for k1 /k2 students?
Tks

Wcu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres