Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Gymnastics

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Re: All About Gymnastics

Postby BeanSprouting » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:54 pm

Yes, there is Gymnastics class in Pasir Ris. Its at the Pasir Ris East CC, beside the police station. Classes on Mondays and Thursdays evenings 7.15-8.15. My son used to go there but now he goes to Bishan Sports Hall.

BeanSprouting
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby neorenjie » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:29 am

Hi all. I'm interested to send my girl for competitive gymnastics classes, preference would be AG. Location, price and time commitment is not a big issue. What matters is that she can receive the best training. Any advice?

neorenjie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby chuaeil » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:41 am

Hi,
Can someone recommend which RG is good have read all the post but a bit confuse so hope some one can recommend. My gal 6 yrs old interested in RG n keep doing it at home by herself so thinking I should enroll her jus incase she anyhow do n injure herself. I also brought her to funyard but the timing not suitable. Thank you much!

chuaeil
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ballestic » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Hello mummys and Daddy's!

Im a Mummy of 3. I have 2 Gals who takes part in RG and Ballet :lol: Ballet is once a week and RG is 3X a week, They actually Started Gym in their School which offer RG for PE lessons when P1-P2 But eldest Gal got selected when P1 and started Training as CCA, Coach is China-Based and only take in those who are able to speak Chinese. This year my youngest Girl is p1 and got selected Becuz Older sis :laugh: Eldest gal Enjoys RG but wanted to join Modern dance CCA, I Think it is a good exposure to let my children be able to try out different activities so currently she is in modern dance. She still wanted RG so I was wondering if anyone knew any Cheap RG Classes located near Woodlands-Sembawang?

Good day :lol: :thankyou:

ballestic
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ballestic » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:42 pm

neorenjie wrote:Hi all. I'm interested to send my girl for competitive gymnastics classes, preference would be AG. Location, price and time commitment is not a big issue. What matters is that she can receive the best training. Any advice?

Hello,

I see your child is very dedicated and I'm sure she will become successful.

My 11Yrs Gal Taking RG used to do AG when she's 5-7, We joined Prime Gymnastics at first and it was a good school but location was a problem so we moved to Singapore Gymnastics. Both are good schools and are similar but would prefer Prime Gymnastics and they have a better environment. Singapore Gymnatics have good Teachers and they are friendly and hardworking Teachers but gymnasium is very humid.

On the other hand, My Niece Did Her AG at Bubbles gym if I recall. Not so sure about training but seems like a good school.

on btw where does your child does AG currently?

hope u get some useful tips!:)

ballestic
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ballestic » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:47 pm

chuaeil wrote:Hi,
Can someone recommend which RG is good have read all the post but a bit confuse so hope some one can recommend. My gal 6 yrs old interested in RG n keep doing it at home by herself so thinking I should enroll her jus incase she anyhow do n injure herself. I also brought her to funyard but the timing not suitable. Thank you much!

Hello,

Do Try out Fly-once Gymnastics or Crestar Dance school, Arranged a trial class and they are very friendly. My neice told me they are very flexible about make up class timings and the carpark is free of charge.

hope this helped!:)

:goodpost:

ballestic
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby chuaeil » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:04 pm

ballestic wrote:

Hello,

Do Try out Fly-once Gymnastics or Crestar Dance school, Arranged a trial class and they are very friendly. My neice told me they are very flexible about make up class timings and the carpark is free of charge.

hope this helped!:)

:goodpost:

Hi thanks for ur reply, I jus checked with someone she told me that RG dont complement ballet so dont think will proceed le.

chuaeil
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby patlsy79 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi I am new in this Gym. Appreciate advice on the cost per lesson/term, most affordable school in term of fee for weekend classes for my P3 kids. Is it too late to start at this age? my gal has shown strong interest in Gym and like to learn further. Been doing own splitting and somersault at home so I am worried about the safety without proper training.

Thanks !!

patlsy79
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ballestic » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:37 pm

patlsy79 wrote:Hi I am new in this Gym. Appreciate advice on the cost per lesson/term, most affordable school in term of fee for weekend classes for my P3 kids. Is it too late to start at this age? my gal has shown strong interest in Gym and like to learn further. Been doing own splitting and somersault at home so I am worried about the safety without proper training.

Thanks !!

Hi there,

iF your child has shown great interest then go for it! My 2 girls are taking part in rhythmic Gymnastics which is more of a ballet form of Gymnastics, on the other hand, my Neice takes part in Artistic Gymnastics which revolves around balancing on the beams and more. My eldest girl tried artistic Gymnastics but tend to prefer rhythmic Gymnastics.

try out fly once Gymnastics, alpha Gymnastics,prime Gymnastics or even crestar dance centre.

Not sure about other schools but I heard alpha Gymnastics offer free first trials and for crestar its $32.10 per single lesson.

:smile: :tongue:

ballestic
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby phtthp » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Actually the best way is to go and find out from your daughter's own primary school (St Hilda primary) :
Who is the RG coach that her primary school hire, to teach the girls RG skills ?

Reason ?
If you go to this coach hired by her own school, and you start training your girl from as young as K1 or K2, there is a very high chance that she will be selected for school team in P1 Term 1 (January), if she demo talent in RG.
As you may already know, under the new PSLE banding system, the earlier you groom your child in a talent, the better advantage she has.

No point looking for other RG coaches, that are not hired by her primary school, internally.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres