Postby geekebs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Wow this is great.

geekebs
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Gymnastics

Postby san20sg » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:09 am

Hi,

Is gymnastics popular with boys because I notice many people are talking about girls here in the forum?

My child suffers from asthma and is highly allergic to dustmites - will chalkdust be a concern? I am looking at Bishan sports hall and I just went to take a look at the place, there are many mattresses and they do look quite dusty. However, it is an enclosed hall so I am not too sure about the level of dustmites and how the class would be conducted. Any small info or advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

san20sg
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby chapmummy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:11 pm

san20sg wrote:Hi,

Is gymnastics popular with boys because I notice many people are talking about girls here in the forum?

My child suffers from asthma and is highly allergic to dustmites - will chalkdust be a concern? I am looking at Bishan sports hall and I just went to take a look at the place, there are many mattresses and they do look quite dusty. However, it is an enclosed hall so I am not too sure about the level of dustmites and how the class would be conducted. Any small info or advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Hihi!
im pretty sure you are looking for artistic gym since rhythmic is for girls only if im not wrong ( there are no boys in the sg comps my girls went to ). Anyways, gymnastics do require alot of training in the gym, most gyms are dusty and indoors (my girls trained at bishan sports hall before) . You can search up for personal gymnastics teachers, You can arrange for classes at dance studios or multi purpose halls with the personal gymnastic teachers. To prevent injuries you can get a mat . My older girl did AG before, if you are going to compete you will need to learn how to use beams, bars etc. yes my girl did compete , two years plus only. Then switch to RG bcos AG cannot/ hard train at home since we no bars , beams . Hope these info helps.

chapmummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Mumshine » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:15 am

Hi there!
Just to help you guys out, I was also looking out for gymnastic schools for my children and I chanced upon this gymnastics school- KGA, while I was in Ang Mo Kio area! They have just set up a new gym in Ang Mo Kio Area that provides high quality rhythmic gymnastic foundation. The founder and head coach was formerly from the Russian National Team. Thinking of sending my girls there to try out during the school holidays.

#Fun fact! They will be providing holiday camps during our children's primary school holidays! Thought that this would be a good time for my young ones to find joy in movement and stretching all around since they love to dance around. You can check out this school at http://www.kga.sg or look at this flyer too! Sounds like a high quality gymnastic school :)!

Thanks!
- Mumshine :rahrah:

Mumshine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby eitur » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Junangie wrote:Hi guys. Officially signed up rg classes for my girl. The class is at Farrer road but they will be having classes near marsiling mrt so for all those begginers so those who stay by. Do join!
The coaches name is wei wei lao shi, you can contact her @ 90478826
Schools name is Kym rhythmic.
They accept begginers! Good luck all:) :rahrah:

Would highly recommend her. She has many years of experience. I can vouch for this as she used to be the one who taught me rhythmic gymnastics when I was a child. Our team got gold and gold with honours during competitions. Thankfully for this post, I managed to reconnect with my old instructor who will be teaching my daughter too!

eitur
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Susi » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:52 am

My Daughter is keen in learning Gymnastics. Planning to put her in beginners class any coach or classes around tampines

Susi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby chapmummy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Mumshine wrote:Hi there!
Just to help you guys out, I was also looking out for gymnastic schools for my children and I chanced upon this gymnastics school- KGA, while I was in Ang Mo Kio area! They have just set up a new gym in Ang Mo Kio Area that provides high quality rhythmic gymnastic foundation. The founder and head coach was formerly from the Russian National Team. Thinking of sending my girls there to try out during the school holidays.

#Fun fact! They will be providing holiday camps during our children's primary school holidays! Thought that this would be a good time for my young ones to find joy in movement and stretching all around since they love to dance around. You can check out this school at http://www.kga.sg or look at this flyer too! Sounds like a high quality gymnastic school :)!

Thanks!
- Mumshine :rahrah:

Wow! Sounds like a high quality school! So how did your daughter like it?

chapmummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Disneyland03 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 am

I am interested in fyonce and prime gym because near to Bishan. Can I know the costs Thank you.

Disneyland03
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Previous

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics