Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Gymnastics

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Re: All About Gymnastics

Postby Power Puff » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:23 pm

I have a brand new premium nylon material rhythmic gymnastics rope (Sasaki dual-colour) in original packaging for sale. Please send me a personal message if you are interested. Thank you.

Power Puff
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bluebellas » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi, I'm looking for a RG school near Punggol, for recreational training. Any recommendations?

bluebellas
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby wuff » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi,

My 9 year old daughter has been doing artistic gymnastics since kindergarten and has taken part in friendly competitions. She also has dance experience with jazz, tap and ballet. She just recently expressed an interest in trying out rhythmic gymnastics. Can anyone recommend either a school or private coach for her please? Preferably in the east area, near Katong/Marine parade. But am willing to travel a little further if needed.

wuff
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Thankfuleveryday » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:02 am

Came across this article and it reminded me of a girl I saw at a gymnastics competition. A coach was yelling at her so loudly and ferociously that everyone turned to look at them. The poor girl stood there, helpless and nearly in tears. She was about primary school age. I felt so heartbroken for her. Where I came from this would be classified as abuse. If this coach can do that to a child in public, I shudder to imagine what that coach does in the privacy of the gym.

Parents, a few medals, a promise of DSA or even entry to the national team is not worth the lifelong effects of abusive coaching and destroying your child’s self-esteem and self-worth. This applies to all sports, not just gymnastics.

https://warriorsinleotards.com/2018/04/ ... a-gymnast/

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2018 ... ert-abuse/

Thankfuleveryday
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Bubblegumz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:55 am

jlwong79 wrote:
Snsn wrote:Highly passionate coach with lots of success - TJGYM. They train at Sengkang CC.

Hi, do you have the contact number? I can't seem to have it in wedsite. Thanks

Do check out their FB page.

Bubblegumz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby norimay » Mon May 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Im trying to expose my girl to more physical activities as she doesnt really like playing outdoors. I thought gym might be good exposure. Just wondering if 4 years is too young an age to get started. My main objective is for her to gain more confidence as she pushes her body and realizes her potential.

norimay
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Michy79 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:49 am

My son is a bit older and goes to Alpha Gym at Big Splash on the inner east coast. They have great toddler classes as well.It is quite small (kids seem to like that) but is a proper gym with sprung floor etc

http://www.alphagym.com.sg/

Michy79
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Disneyland03 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:26 am

Does anyone know of any RG school using bishan sports hall? My place is near bishan. thanks

Disneyland03
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tigerlily » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:02 pm

eitur wrote:
Junangie wrote:Hi guys. Officially signed up rg classes for my girl. The class is at Farrer road but they will be having classes near marsiling mrt so for all those begginers so those who stay by. Do join!
The coaches name is wei wei lao shi, you can contact her @ 90478826
Schools name is Kym rhythmic.
They accept begginers! Good luck all:) :rahrah:

Would highly recommend her. She has many years of experience. I can vouch for this as she used to be the one who taught me rhythmic gymnastics when I was a child. Our team got gold and gold with honours during competitions. Thankfully for this post, I managed to reconnect with my old instructor who will be teaching my daughter too!

Hi just happen to come across above post when searching for where to send my daughter for rhythmic gym classes. She’s suddenly quite interested but she’s not that young. Am hoping to find somewhere good to push her along and improve quickly.

I couldn’t find Kym on googling though..
Does anyone have any recommendation where’s best for rhythmic gym training? And also if we are considering private lessons any suggestions too?
Thanks!

tigerlily
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Self taught gymnast » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Ahh may I know the contact of the teacher that Teach at the Bishan cc? Thank u :thankyou:

Self taught gymnast
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres