LEARNConcierge

All About Gymnastics

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Postby cnimed » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:28 am

Bishan class size can be big and there is only 1 teacher for the described size. Teachers are from China and know their stuff. Some teachers are stricter, others are more laid back, so it depends on what you want for your child. The more "demanding" teacher have no trouble controlling and teaching a big class, but it's certainly not one of those friendly more "western" style gym where the teachers will cajole the students. I would say they are firmly kind. The gym is well equipped, but very hot. School teams train there as well, so the little ones get very impressed watching the older kids in action.

Do I like it? Well, it could be cooler and class size could be smaller, but at that price I really can't complain. And even with a big class size, it's fairly obvious which kid is progressing faster and can be promoted to the next level sooner, and which kid needs more time. But mostly, the times suit us - it's very hard to find classes that take place during weekday afternoons - , my son's coordination has improved and he has become stronger, and my toddler can walk around while we are waiting. And if he's sick or we have something on and can't make it for the class, I don't feel sim tiah, so it's exactly what it should be for us - recreational.

However the classes will be moved to another location soon as Bishan Sports Hall will be used for Youth Olympics.
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby momoshop » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:28 am

Hi

Have been thinking about gym class for my 2.5 yr old boy as I have seen him putting his head on the ground, trying to stand on his head/ roll over and his active level drive me nuts.

In any case, I will like to check with parents here whose boys have been to gym class...

What do you think is the impact of gym on the physic of boys?
I am sorry if the qn sounds silly or vain, but when I was watching the gym segment of the olympics last year (and I am a huge fan), I can't help noticing that while the female gymnasts are slender, graceful and "spring-y", the male gymnasts seem a tad shorter, stocky and muscular.

My hubby also commented on this and got me thinking if putting boys into gym class earlier will in any way impact their physic development (in worst case scenario impede their height development?).

Sorry if my comments make you laugh or sound v silly.. After all, if you comapre the male gymnast with the swimmer, the swimmer physic seems more appealing la, (to me as least).

Of course i am not aiming for my son to be star gymnast or competitive, but just in case, being Kiasu, I m a bit scared if he is become any stockier.. :)

momoshop
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Rythmic Gymnastics

Postby arabella » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:09 pm

My daugther is interested in rythmic gymnastics and I am look for a school/centre that has such programme. Any recommendation?

Thank you. :wink:

arabella
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby shoebutton » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:12 am

We attend BazGym at Balestier - gymnastics for children.
In the Home Team club.

Not sure if they have rhythmic gym as we din see on weekends when we have class. :?

shoebutton
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Above&Beyond, BishanSSC, Bazgym

Postby shoebutton » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:21 am

Yerdua wrote:Hi all,

My boy joined above and beyond gym class held at bishan when he was in N2. Its taught by "ang mo" using olympic sized equipments, like trampoline, the parallel beams etc. They also use proper gym lingo terms and poses. They are quite good with young children.

At the same bishan gym hall, the ssc also conduct gym class. from 4yo (if i'm not wrong). Coaches are from china. Some coaches are training the gymansts from singapore sport school. They speak little english. They are more to rountine, structured training. I swapped my boy to the SSC gym class when he was in k1. Now, my boy is in K2 and had proceed to level two under the coach recommendation.

Ard my place, Bazgym had opened a new sch. my boy went for the trial class. They put him in the GYm bear class, meant for K1 and k2 . After the class, i mention to the coach tt he's been training under the ssc gym class level two, now. The coach was not surprised saying that my boy'd done the exercises earlier very well and asked for his coach's name. He recognized the name immediately. I asked if can put him in the next level, gym boys if we join his school. He said that its not suitable for him as it for recreational only. He 's more suited for the competitve level.

I was surprised coz he's like the average student in his ssc gym class and yet over at bazgym, they thot so highly of him. So, even thou, we live in the west, my husband had decide to let him stay put at the bishan ssc gym class coz we deduce tt the bishan ssc gym classes seems to be like the benchmark of the children gymanasic scenc in s'pore.

My two cents worth of thots.....

Hi
Any contacts for SSC Bishan? or we can just walk in to take a look? what time are good you reckon.

My 2 kids are in bazgym, balestier. interested to look at ssc bishan from your note :wink:
which is the new branch you mentioned of bazgym?

shoebutton
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Yerdua » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:56 am

Hi Shoebutton,

The person to contact at bishan SRC is Lina at 63539234. My boy have classes on Mon, Thurs from 3 to 5pm. After 5pm, there are classes for the more advanced primary children. Not sure of the schedule for other days. Hope this helps! :)

Yerdua
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Rythmic Gymnastics

Postby TiredMummy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi, my girl is attending rhythmic gym at Kym Rhythmic Gym at

TradeHub 21
#05-103
18 Boon Lay Way
S609966

You can contact the trainer at 90478826

TiredMummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby i3mum » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 am

Hi

Anyone heard about the gymnastics classes at hwa chong institution? I heard that the fees are quite cheap, it's $70 per month.

Any feedback?

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby i3mum » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:36 am

The link is here:

http://juniorgymnasticstraining.com/gymnasium/

i3mum wrote:Hi

Anyone heard about the gymnastics classes at hwa chong institution? I heard that the fees are quite cheap, it's $70 per month.

Any feedback?

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Gymnastic Class for kids

Postby jellypop » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:04 pm

Came across this new kids gymnastic at East Coast Big Splash. Anyone tried? How are the coaches there?

www.alphagym.com.sg

jellypop
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics

LEARNConcierge