LEARNConcierge

All About Gymnastics

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Re: Rhythmic Gym

Postby sachiko » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:59 am

joconde wrote:
sachiko wrote:My dd just joined a gym club in Hougang Sports Hall that specialises in Rhythmic Gym. She loves to dance and we are delighted to find this club. They teach from pre-primary to upper primary.

Although she is in her school team, she is not that good to be chosen for inter-school competition :( . But the gym club is training my dd for competition in June and she is so excited now.

One thing good about private gym club is that they will try their best to train and send all their students for grading or competition. The child might not be the elite one but he/she will get a chance to participate in competition or grading which I feel is a good exposure.


Hi,

May I have the contact info of this gym sch ? How much is their fees ? Any company website ?

Thanks !


Hi Joconde

Gym club is : Fly Once Gymnastics. Head of coach is Ms Sun Ping. Mobile number 93880938. Fee is $510 per term (2 hrs). Class is on Sunday 4-6pm. I think they are going to open another class on Thurs night. Please call to check.

If I am not wrong, she is also the coach for one of the primary school. The sch managed to clinch 2nd for team competition in the recent inter-school rhythmic competition. And this is their first year of participation.

By the way, how old is your child?

sachiko
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:03 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Rhythmic Gym

Postby joconde » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:02 am

sachiko wrote:Hi Joconde

Gym club is : Fly Once Gymnastics. Head of coach is Ms Sun Ping. Mobile number 93880938. Fee is $510 per term (2 hrs). Class is on Sunday 4-6pm. I think they are going to open another class on Thurs night. Please call to check.

If I am not wrong, she is also the coach for one of the primary school. The sch managed to clinch 2nd for team competition in the recent inter-school rhythmic competition. And this is their first year of participation.

By the way, how old is your child?


My girl is Pri 1. $510 for 10 lessions correct ? That's rather ex. Do u know if they cater to young beginners ?

joconde
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Rhythmic Gym

Postby sachiko » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:17 am

joconde wrote:My girl is Pri 1. $510 for 10 lessions correct ? That's rather ex. Do u know if they cater to young beginners ?


I am not sure if it is for 10 lessons. They just indicate on the receipt is for 3 months. I went to enquire at Prime Gym. The fee is about $250 for 1 hr lesson, so I guess it is about the same for private gym. We decided to join Fly Once as Prime gym is strong in artistic.

They definitely cater to young beginners as some of their students started when they were in kindergarten. You can call the coach to find out more.

sachiko
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:03 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Rhythmic Gym

Postby joconde » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:45 am

sachiko wrote:
I am not sure if it is for 10 lessons. They just indicate on the receipt is for 3 months. I went to enquire at Prime Gym. The fee is about $250 for 1 hr lesson, so I guess it is about the same for private gym. We decided to join Fly Once as Prime gym is strong in artistic.

They definitely cater to young beginners as some of their students started when they were in kindergarten. You can call the coach to find out more.


Ok, I'll find out more from the coach, thanks !

joconde
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 0


Gym for 4+

Postby NightOwl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:18 am

My kids attended gym classes at Bishan Sports Hall for a few years. It was 2 hours per session twice a week. Cost only $185 a term if I didn't remember wrongly. Really cheap and the training was very serious. The facilities is complete for Gym training. It has been some years. Not sure what the rates is like now. Don't expect alot of 'well done', 'good job' etc praises that you get from those pricey sessions. The coaches there from China and can be quite fierce. Good place for serious training. There's usually a waiting list for enrolment.

NightOwl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:05 am
Total Likes: 0



Postby b2b3m4 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 am

Has any of your kids represent their school in gymnastics though their school do not have gymnastics as a CCA?
My DD is now taking gym privately and i will most probably send her to a school nearby. But the school do not have gymnastics and i am thinking if DD can represent her school in gym, can she register that as her CCA and not take on more CCA. Will it be a uphill task to take this approach or shld i really look for a school that has gym as a CCA? She's currently taking artistic and rhythmic gym.

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 am
Total Likes: 7


Postby b2b3m4 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:28 am

Im not sure if this post is still relevant. Prime gym has started a new class in rhythmic gym, u may want to call them to enquire.

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 am
Total Likes: 7


Postby sachiko » Mon May 03, 2010 1:10 pm

b2b3m4 wrote:Im not sure if this post is still relevant. Prime gym has started a new class in rhythmic gym, u may want to call them to enquire.


I did check with Prime Gym. Apparently this new class is for age 5 to 8. As my DD is already 8 this year, I signed her up at the gym club that specialises in rhythmic gym in Hougang instead.

sachiko
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:03 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby lezzi » Mon May 03, 2010 11:29 pm

sachiko wrote:
b2b3m4 wrote:Im not sure if this post is still relevant. Prime gym has started a new class in rhythmic gym, u may want to call them to enquire.


I did check with Prime Gym. Apparently this new class is for age 5 to 8. As my DD is already 8 this year, I signed her up at the gym club that specialises in rhythmic gym in Hougang instead.


Where in hougang? Can hav the address? TIA

lezzi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby sachiko » Tue May 04, 2010 8:49 am

Hi, I have sent u a PM.

Where in hougang? Can hav the address? TIA[/quote]

sachiko
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:03 pm
Total Likes: 0


PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics

LEARNConcierge