All About Basketball

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
AdvancedAcademia
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Basketball Club

Post by AdvancedAcademia » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:32 am

Actually it depends on what do you want for your son; Structured group programs for team play with a competitive element? individual one-one training on skills and fundementals? Or simply exposure and fun?

If you want to have the group setting, competitve type Fast-break and BAS is the only group that I know of. Usually for the CCs their programs are not too great as they are also looking to groom their CC teams. What you have alot of are the individual coaches teaching skills. So whats your fancy?

weisong123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Basketball

Post by weisong123 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi, I got to know an organisation named Styling Basketball in Singapore. Anybody know what is this about?

Thanks.

:)

alternateshift
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by alternateshift » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:39 pm

Hi. My son is now 5 years and am thinking about exposing him to some team sports. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

kiasu_pig
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by kiasu_pig » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:13 am

Basketball academies dun seem to be plentiful unlike soccer academies. Been searching for basketball academy for my DS1 who's in P2 this year. We live around serangoon north. Anyone has any nearby academy to recommend? SgBasketball (ris pasir, queensway) Fastbreak (woodleign), BAS (geylang), Scholar Basketball Academy (macpherson Cc) are far away as I dun drive. Thanks in advance.

Post notes:
Brought DS1 to a Basketball Clinic @ Hougang Sports Hall just days back. He enjoyed it. But Hougang Sports Hall doesn't have regular basketball classes.

Sent enquiry to one academy who advised their beginner group class comprises of 2 days each 2-hours session. Was wondering aloud whom could afford 4 hours a week for their kid to spend on 1 sport? And at $50 a session, that's $400 a month! I'm not aspiring my kid to be some great basketball player, just want him to learn the proper techniques and to play friendly matches with like-minded kids as his primary school has no basketball CCA.

hnghng
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by hnghng » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:26 pm

My boys (10 & 12 yrs old) wish to learn the basketball.
May I know is't too late too learn?
2nd boy wearing glasses. Any problem?
Anyone have the exact address at BAS (Geylang)?
We staying nearby Boon Keng.
Thanks.

mommy31
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by mommy31 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi, looking for basketball coach to teach my 10 year old son during December holidays. My son cca in school is basketball and short listed for school team. Final selection in January. Pls let me know if any coach contact to train him during holidays. Thank you

CMF
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:5

Post by CMF » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:32 pm

Can check out SG basketball. Classes conducted for all age groups and ability at different venues. https://m.facebook.com/SGBasketball

Worriedparent99
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Worriedparent99 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:41 pm

My son loves basketball, would like to sign him up for a basketball session to see how it goes for him. Any suggestions on where should I sign him up for? Thanks!

donnia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by donnia » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:03 pm

Hey even my cousin's kid is a very good basketball player!!

nucleus80
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by nucleus80 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Worriedparent99 wrote:My son loves basketball, would like to sign him up for a basketball session to see how it goes for him. Any suggestions on where should I sign him up for? Thanks!
Have you tried letting him join the school's CCA as recreational player first?