All About Cycling

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Cycling kakis!!

Postby jadie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:55 pm

there is an adventure centre in Pengerang, Malaysia that offers cycling expeditions...i am looking for cylists 2 join me...who wana join me??

jadie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Chirunner » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:49 pm

I used to take my bike over by ferry from Changi and bike to PEngerrang for seafood and bike back to the jetty to take the bumboat/ferry back. Great fun. TOo bad my bike's up in Penang with my friend:-(

Chirunner
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

cycling kakis!!

Postby jadie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:38 am

u dun have 2 bring ya bikes n board the bumboat....the adventure centre do provide mountain bikes....hence u save on the mountain bikes charges while boarding the bumboat.....u cn jus go there n ride on the mountain bikes!!

jadie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: cycling kakis!!

Postby AC » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:20 am

jadie wrote:u dun have 2 bring ya bikes n board the bumboat....the adventure centre do provide mountain bikes....hence u save on the mountain bikes charges while boarding the bumboat.....u cn jus go there n ride on the mountain bikes!!
: D Good morning
i am very interested,, can u tell me more pls. such as which day/date etc :wink:

AC
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

mountainbiking

Postby jadie » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:19 pm

hi ac, they have a webby,the contact details are listed in it.
www.tristangroup.com

Cheers
jadie

jadie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

buying a bicycle for an adult

Postby karenmok » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 pm

I am planning to gift a bicycle to my DH, who has not ridden one for more than 20 years. I want to gift him a really good bike that he will enjoy riding and not a cheap low-end bike. My budget is upto 1500$ (this includes accessories such as computer, helmet, gloves, etc). Can I get a titanium frame in this price?
I checked out some of the sites and am overwhelmed by the choices and range available.
Can someone recommend a shop where I can get a wide range of sizes, material, etc, so that I can really choose a good piece? The sales staff should also be learned ones.
I visited Giant. They have useful bicyles but not something that will fascinate my DH. Please help me.

karenmok
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: buying a bicycle for an adult

Postby rydy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:02 pm

It is a nice gesture of you thinking to buy a bike for DH.
I hope I can give some input.
First question. Do you think DH will like a road or mountain bike?
Including accessories $1.5k will get you a basic Al frame bike. Tough to find one that will "fascinate" DH.
There are many bike shops in Vertex. Go check it out!
Also most neighborhood bike shops do carry some decent bikes. You should find one that will meet your requirement.
I ride a Tri bike for races. Don't think DH is keen on this :)

Mod, should this be moved to sports?

rydy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Jennifer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:47 am

I think a bike is a very personal item for a man. Better bring him to the shop to try out. There are too many varieties.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Trikke?

Postby ArielMermaid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi,
Has anybody let their kids try the trikke bike before? It looks safe and fun... Just wanna know if it's difficult cos my son has motor planning issues...

Thanks in advance!

ArielMermaid
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SingaporeBikeSchool » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 pm

I second the suggestion to take your hubby with you so that he can pick out a bike that suits him. He will need to get the bike fitted to ensure that he can ride it comfortably, so unless the shop has a good returns policy, it's probably better not to surprise him by buying him a bike on your own.

Unfortunately, you won't find a titanium frame bike for $1,500. If your hubby is only going to be riding on park connectors, why not consider a foldable bike? There are now many brands on the local market to choose from, and you can get a pretty decent one for your budget.

SingaporeBikeSchool
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics