All About Bowling

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
skyjuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by skyjuice » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:29 am

Laughter wrote:
insider wrote:Some how I have this thinking that bowling will stunt the height growth of young children. Is it true? (I have a friend with two young kids in bowling club since young and their 'vertical growth' is not very satisfactory and I am thinking of could it be due to bowling?)
Hi there,

My girl is interested to learn bowl any contact for coaches...

Many thanks!!
There are many bowling coaches and even a few schools. You can check out http://www.singaporebowling.org.sg/ for the certified ones. All their contact details are up there.

What level is your child? Singapore Sports School also offers free training, under the JSA program, thrice a week. I think they take from P4 onwards. You can ask your primary school about it.

And be prepared for a heavy investment! But it's all worth it if the child enjoys the sport :D

bliss-ful
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by bliss-ful » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 am

skyjuice wrote:
Laughter wrote:
insider wrote:Some how I have this thinking that bowling will stunt the height growth of young children. Is it true? (I have a friend with two young kids in bowling club since young and their 'vertical growth' is not very satisfactory and I am thinking of could it be due to bowling?)
Hi there,

Many thanks!!
There are many bowling coaches and even a few schools. You can check out http://www.singaporebowling.org.sg/ for the certified ones. All their contact details are up there.

What level is your child? Singapore Sports School also offers free training, under the JSA program, thrice a week. I think they take from P4 onwards. You can ask your primary school about it.

And be prepared for a heavy investment! But it's all worth it if the child enjoys the sport :D
Thank you for your information... My girl is in P4 and her school offer bowling as CCA too but those girls are too expert and moreover my girl is not those sporty type... first time she ask for sport lesson, therefore i thought of sending her to try out.. if she likes it then will consider it for her CCA...
Many thanks...

skyjuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by skyjuice » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Laughter wrote:
skyjuice wrote:
Laughter wrote: Hi there,

Many thanks!!

BTW, there's Strike Academy and AGAPE. These offer group training at an affordable cost for beginners.

Thank you for your information... My girl is in P4 and her school offer bowling as CCA too but those girls are too expert and moreover my girl is not those sporty type... first time she ask for sport lesson, therefore i thought of sending her to try out.. if she likes it then will consider it for her CCA...
Many thanks...

skyjuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by skyjuice » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:00 pm

skyjuice wrote:
Laughter wrote:
skyjuice wrote: There are many bowling coaches and even a few schools. You can check out http://www.singaporebowling.org.sg/ for the certified ones. All their contact details are up there.

BTW, there's Strike Academy and AGAPE. These offer group training at an affordable cost for beginners.

Many thanks...

You may want to try either Strike Academy or Agape. My DS also started with beginners' group training. They moved on to better coaches when they want to play more seriously and competitively. P4 is a gd time to start actually. By P6 she'll be ready for DSA.

seansean1
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by seansean1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 pm

What is needed to ensure a place in the secondary school which offer bowling? Esp when the primary school doesn't offer bowling.

skyjuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by skyjuice » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 pm

seansean1 wrote:What is needed to ensure a place in the secondary school which offer bowling? Esp when the primary school doesn't offer bowling.
He can only be ensured a place if he has an outstanding track record that sec Sch coaches want him. For starters, he'll hv to participate in tournaments. Since Pri Sch no CCA, I dun know abt private coaches, but Strike and Agape schools can form teams for them to participate. usu need a team of 4 of same gender- boys team or girls team.

seansean1
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by seansean1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:30 pm

skyjuice wrote:
seansean1 wrote:What is needed to ensure a place in the secondary school which offer bowling? Esp when the primary school doesn't offer bowling.
He can only be ensured a place if he has an outstanding track record that sec Sch coaches want him. For starters, he'll hv to participate in tournaments. Since Pri Sch no CCA, I dun know abt private coaches, but Strike and Agape schools can form teams for them to participate. usu need a team of 4 of same gender- boys team or girls team.
What's the score like to be considered outstanding track record?

seansean1
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by seansean1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:30 pm

skyjuice wrote:

skyjuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by skyjuice » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:27 pm

seansean1 wrote:
skyjuice wrote:
You can go to http://www.singaporebowling.org.sg/resu ... ivision=LB for an idea. This is last year March's tournament's results. This is only a rough gauge as the better bowlers who had previously made it to the Masters are excluded from Novice tournaments.

Outstanding bowlers will be those who are consistently in the top range, and making it to the Masters. They are almost ensured a place to top schools. The rest of the bowlers will try for a place in schools with bowling CCA.

mommyfel
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Any Bowling Course for Kids? (4years and above)

Post by mommyfel » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi, I am looking for bowling course for my son who is turning 4 years old. Please advise me where I can find such courses. Thanks!
:hugs: