All About Tennis

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

All About Tennis

Postby MMM » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Original Title:
Tennis school in school

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any tennis school in Singapore that we can send the kid to for training?

My 6 yr old has been asking me to send him to a tennis school though my bil is currently "coaching" him by playing tennis with them every sunday.

I feel that it's better to learn the proper strokes,etc...

Also, with so many condos having tennis courts nowadays and the elimination of tennis centre (eg. the one at east coast), is this sport less popular? I also also looking in terms of school DSA?

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Tennis school in school

Postby shadowplay » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:39 am

MMM wrote:Hi,

Just wondering if there are any tennis school in Singapore that we can send the kid to for training?

My 6 yr old has been asking me to send him to a tennis school though my bil is currently "coaching" him by playing tennis with them every sunday.

Also, with so many condos having tennis courts nowadays and the elimination of tennis centre (eg. the one at east coast), is this sport less popular? I also also looking in terms of school DSA?

There's some programs for kids by the S'pore Tennis Association, which hold lessons at various tennis centres. See http://www.singtennis.org.sg/

shadowplay
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tennis_dad » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Don't discount that.. Many Secondary schools are creating tennis school teams, not just the well known ones. This is due to the growing popularity of the sports. My son who is in P6 just got a place in a PREMIER school thru TENNIS as a DSA. But of course part of his success comes from me a qualified tennis coach.
His website can be found at http://junjietennis.multiply.com OR if you want to play with him contact him here
http://www.learnmatchupandplay.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&userid=65&Itemid=104
Last edited by tennis_dad on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

tennis_dad
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby meredith84 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi,

Don't know about the tennis school, but I know a man who teach tennis lesson for beginners and intermediate level. Perhaps you can contact Christopher, the teacher. Will PM you for details, whether you want to know about his teaching technique or his contact details.

meredith84
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Tennis Lessons

Postby tinkerbell » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:16 pm

hi, does anyone know of any tennis coach that comes to yr estate/condo to give private tennis lessons ? my 4 year-old girl is keen to learn...thanks

tinkerbell
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby VooVoo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:56 pm

What age would be "best" for a child to start learning tennis? :?

VooVoo
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby SX4 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:47 pm

If you feel your child has a reasonable talent for racket games, instead of the mainstream racket games like badminton and tennis, should also consider squash.

Although it is not a popular sport at the primary level, it is offered as a CCA by many top schools such as RI, RGS, ACS, SCGS, HCI. Besides the competition for DSA in this sport is very small compared to the other 2 racket games.

SX4
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby csc » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:22 am

VooVoo wrote:What age would be "best" for a child to start learning tennis? :?

My neighbour's son started at Pr one and mine started at Pr three. They have smaller rackets for that age group. One thing about starting young is that the rackets will have to change as the child grows taller.

So now, there are at least 2 or 3 lying around in the closet!! :lol:
And how, he's into ping pong , having watched "Table of Glory". So more rackets in the collection... :roll:

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mother_teresa » Sat May 16, 2009 2:00 pm

hi there, i believe acs and sji junior has those classes. tennis is more common in sec school and jc over here so u may want to wait a little

mother_teresa
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Tennis Lessons Singapore

Postby Jack Tan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:15 am

Mastering tennis is easy with our fun tennis lessons in Singapore. Cultivating Tennis Champions in Singapore with our amazing tennis coaches and lessons.

http://www.tennislessonssingapore.com

Jack Tan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics