Shaws Little League - multisport programme

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Shaws Little League - multisport programme

Postby DP9 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi there

I received a mail about Shaws Little League and have decided to send my 3.5 year old son down to see how he goes.

Has anyone sent their children to it before? Based on the website - www.shawslittleleague.com - it sounds promising and to me its appealing as children get to learn a whole lot of different sports.

DP9
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby autumnbronze » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:15 am

Hi DP9,

Yes, it does look interesting.

Now I am tempted to find out more and see if I can sign my DS up. Was actually going to resume his gym class but looking at Shaws, with the same amt of fees I am paying for indoor gym, my DS will be exposed to a wide variety of sports activities.

Thanks for sharing :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby DP9 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 am

There are some pictures of the children from last year - all looks good and looking forward to a funtime at the weekend.

DP9
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:04 pm

DP9 wrote:There are some pictures of the children from last year - all looks good and looking forward to a funtime at the weekend.

Hi DP9,

Can provide some feedback about your DS's class?? I tried calling them for the past 2 days but its either no response or voice mail :D

Any idea if they have weekday classes??

If its really good, am keen in enrolling DS ASAP lah ...

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby DP9 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Was really good fun - he played volleyball and tennis this week.

I dont know much about volleyball but he had a great time - the equipment is good too - excellent kids sizes - I didnt know they made tennis racquets so small!

The staff are good and the flow of the activities seemed efficient - not too many breaks and pauses.

I was going to pay for a single session only but decided to pay for 12-sessions.

Regarding phone calls - I emailed them initially and they responded in good time.

DP9
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby autumnbronze » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:08 pm

DP9 wrote:Was really good fun - he played volleyball and tennis this week.

I dont know much about volleyball but he had a great time - the equipment is good too - excellent kids sizes - I didnt know they made tennis racquets so small!

The staff are good and the flow of the activities seemed efficient - not too many breaks and pauses.

I was going to pay for a single session only but decided to pay for 12-sessions.

Regarding phone calls - I emailed them initially and they responded in good time.

Many thanks DP9 :D :D

They managed to return my call.

Their class for under 3s start in Feb. I will sign up for a trial first. So far it sounds good based on your feedback as well as after speaking to them. If all goes well during the trial, I will most certainly sign DS up for it.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby lotsofjoy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:05 am

I have been sending my 4+ year old daughter for the last few weeks and she likes it a lot.

Bit of a shame that they are closed over CNY though. She keeps asking me to take her to Shaws Little League!

They do their golf activities differently to other providers - they have a driving range where the children can try the full swing as well as chipping and putting activities too. And all the children always had a club in their hands.

And plus in addition to golf, they do a lot of fun activities that help with the childrens balance, cross-overs and fitness - she wasnt standing around or sitting down for long and my daughter looked like she had run a marathon afterwards!

Cant wait for them to open after CNY.

DP9 - did your son make it for golf?

lotsofjoy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby poo_power » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:15 pm

after reading this thread - sent my boy for trial lessons today

They learnt volleyball and tennis lessons today

my 3yo enjoy the session so much that i too sign him up for 8 lessons :p

poo_power
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Shaw Little League - Multisports

Postby justlynne » Mon May 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Same here and i got some PERSONAL perhaps "biased" feedback
i'm always pro-outdoors and sports for my kids so i decided to try the program but....

our experience was not entirely positive..I signed my kids up for the program and my observations are that for the price that they were charging...the lessons are not very well structured and my kids were almost always feeling restless...the trainers were young and seemingly lacked focus....just our own personal feedback...

i've read on the forum about another multi sports holiday camp call Fun on Wheels Skate Camp...understand there's skating and other sports too...there are quite a string of good threads on this...anyone else have any thoughts?

justlynne
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby lotsofjoy » Mon May 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Justlynne

Thanks for sharing your experience - what age group were your children in?

We will keep sending our daughter as she says she enjoys it and we see her getting better. For us, we havent noticed the lack of structure - infact we thought it is good - they have a warmup routine which looks like it meets those fundamental movements for children that I have read about, before moving to sports skills.

And given that our daughter is not the most co-ordinated of her group, we like how she can just play alongside the others without feeling the pressure of other children watching her or waiting for her.

Thanks for the holiday camp details too.

lotsofjoy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics