All About Competitive Swimming

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
Miaor
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: All About Competitive Swimming

Post by Miaor » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:44 am

Jon Lium wrote:Thanks for the lobang, SWIMDAD.

Just wish to announce that Jurong Country Club is recruiting competitive swimmers - ideally from P2 to P4.

Non-members can join as well.

They have 4 lanes allotted for the squad. There's also a few up and coming age group talent to look out in the nest few years. The Coach was a former Olympian representing China. In terms of quality, I dare say it is on par with many of the top swim clubs.

Feel free to arrange 1 or 2 trial session to see if your child is comfortable with the environment and the group.

This would be convenient for those staying in the western part of Singapore.

* Note that I am not receiving any profit or commission. My 2 kids have been training there for 3 years and I really feel it is value for $$$.
Hi, can share some of your experiences with this club?

Jon Lium
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Jon Lium » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:34 pm

When we first joined in 2011, it was managed by Swim Lab. The experience was forgettable as they kept changing coaches. Then they brought in Mr Zhao Yi - all the kids improved noticeably. He has very strong foundation in the swimming sport which benefitted all the kids.
Many parents liked his attitude towards the development of the kids as a competitive swimmer. - me and my wife included.

But that was short lived as Swim Lab did not renew his Employment Pass. The club then hired a few coaches which didn't quite work out.

Fast forward, we managed to get him back to Singapore through the support of the Club. That was early 2014. In a short 2 months - out of 9 kids that participated in the Primary School National Championship, 6 went into the finals. Not bad for a small club.

What I like most is that the competitive group is not that big like the other top clubs.

During school holidays, they train twice a day from Mondays to Saturdays.
When school reopens - Tuesday to Friday (6.30pm to 8.30pm)
Saturday (4pm to 6pm) and Sunday (7am to 9pm).

If you and your kids are committed, the coach will work closely with you. There are some parents who don't wish to push their kids, the coach also will not push them that hard.

I hope to see the Swim Team expand and produce more Junior champions.

Jon Lium
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Jon Lium » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Jurong Country Club - S & R Reception at 6708 6285 / 6708 6286

You may drop by during the training hours to speak to the coaches for free trial.

Swimtutor
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Swimtutor » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:12 am

Aqzog Swim School is keen to produce strong swimmers at Clementi Pool. View my website www.aqzog.com for more details. Happy new year and have a great day.

swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by swimironkids » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:48 pm

swimironkids wrote:
TravelMummy wrote: My impression is that SwimFast may be better for the older kids than younger ones? For the younger age groups, it has been CSC sweeping the top spot, year after year, no? And comments from other parents in this forum that it sometimes is too crowded at Swimfast. I am a little confused.
Confused not...wait and see this year' meet......focus is now change IMO......last JIC in Nov was csc 866, sf 847!
Unless u have a fat wallet to join csc for a 5 figure membership plus a monthly sub fee of $70... I not sure of the monthly fee.....
SF is only 3 figure one time payment to train.....
If over crowded at sf only speaks of one thing...just like a long Q at one of the stall at the hawker centre..hehe :xedfingers:
[/quote]
If you re looking for a top club to train your kids be and dun mind the journey to ACS Barker or RI join SAC, swimfast aquatic
They came in top in the recent 30th Junior Inter Club Swimming Championship held at the Sports School.
They also won the National Championship in Dec 2014 , 9 out of 10 times

swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by swimironkids » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:33 am

Reference to the 30th JIC , runner up was CSC, Chinese Swimming Club and the good news is that effective Jan 2015, they hv now engage David Lim the head coach of SAC as their new Technical Director
I'm sure they re very happy to hv him on board to revamp their whole training program, etc , sharing the same vision as them, to train our own local swimmers to be world class swimmers of this generation.
This was reported in the ST yesterday
Congrats to David!!!

Miaor
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Miaor » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:26 am

swimironkids wrote:Reference to the 30th JIC , runner up was CSC, Chinese Swimming Club and the good news is that effective Jan 2015, they hv now engage David Lim the head coach of SAC as their new Technical Director
I'm sure they re very happy to hv him on board to revamp their whole training program, etc , sharing the same vision as them, to train our own local swimmers to be world class swimmers of this generation.
This was reported in the ST yesterday
Congrats to David!!!
I wish David Lim won't leave Swimfast completely.

butterwaffles
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by butterwaffles » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:05 am

Hi, i wish to seek advice from experienced parents here.

My K1 boy started to learn swimming last year in July. Now the coaches are asking if i am keen to send him to another branch to train competitively. I don't really understand. He has just mastered the freestyle. He can't tread water and he is struggling with breaststroke. I told them like that can go train?? They said he has the potential, can be pushed.

How does this whole thing work and how do they identify kids who have the potential to train competitively? The training hours are so scary. 2 hours every evening for 4 weekdays and another 2 hours on Sat.

Miaor
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Miaor » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:44 am

Zachary Ian Tan is a really amazing kid on this SNAG. Really want to know more details on how his parents supported his training etc etc...

dddcar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by dddcar » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:16 pm

May I know where did you buy your FINA approved swimwear.

Looking for a girl small size pc.

Mny thks.