All About Competitive Swimming

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
SwimInSG
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: All About Competitive Swimming

Post by SwimInSG » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:49 am

zeemimi wrote:swiminsg

For Lifesaving 1 > Lifesaving 2 > Lifesaving 3 > Bronze Medallion and CPR, what is the timeline we are looking at for a 14-15 yo competent swimmer? I checked out your website. Does it mean after 10 lessons, they will be ready to take Lifesaving 1? Thanks!
I presume you were looking at the crash course. The first crash course of 10 weeks will bring your child through Lifesaving 1, 2 and 3 certifications together. The 10th session is usually the test.

With regards to the timeline, if your child is able to pass all the tests on the first try, he will finish up to Bronze Medallion and CPR within 20 lessons. However, Bronze Medallion has a timed-component which requires the student to take off clothes, jump into the water and swim 50 metres, and save a victim and swim back the 50 metres, all within 3 minutes and 15 seconds. This will require lots of practice once the training for Bronze Medallion begins.

I personally took up lifesaving at 15 years old, and completed the higher awards (beyond Bronze Medallion and CPR) when I was 16. However, I really did swim a lot during that period to get my fitness up to standard.

ob1knobe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ob1knobe » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:03 am

Anyone knows if there are any swimming meet where we can register our kids to compete? My girl is 8yo.

Thanks.

Jeremy

swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by swimironkids » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:18 pm

ob1knobe wrote:Anyone knows if there are any swimming meet where we can register our kids to compete? My girl is 8yo.

Thanks.

Jeremy
Jeremy you can pm me for more details on the next swim meet
Regards
Jeff

Wolfgirl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Wolfgirl » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:48 pm

The kolam Ayer community sports club just had their swim meet on Sunday.

Another swim meet you can look out for is Civil Service club meet. They held it in April this year if I am not wrong.

ob1knobe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ob1knobe » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Thanks Wolfgirl.
Wolfgirl wrote:The kolam Ayer community sports club just had their swim meet on Sunday.

Another swim meet you can look out for is Civil Service club meet. They held it in April this year if I am not wrong.

hognek
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by hognek » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:55 am

My daughter, 10 years old, is currently doing comp swimming in a private club. However, the competition this year is only 3 times.

Anyone knows if there are any swimming meet where we can register our kids to compete?

Thanks.

Ken

Rata
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Rata » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:02 am

May I know where can I find competitive swimming class in the west?

hognek
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by hognek » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:35 am

Hi, anyone has brought their kids for the January time trials? We have brought our kid for the trials. First time been to the Aquatic centre. Feeling great and dd actually improved on her timing. Today is the last day of the trial. Hopefully everything turn out well. Cheers. :imcool:

hearts and flowers
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by hearts and flowers » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:55 pm

Rata wrote:May I know where can I find competitive swimming class in the west?
Hi Rata, some of my friends have kids with Coach Melvin at Bukit Batok Swimming Complex. I believe they are doing squad training though it's only developmental. Perhaps you could check it out? You can find their company's link on facebook under Swim Alliance.

Hope that helps.

swimming lady
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by swimming lady » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:03 am

Rata wrote:May I know where can I find competitive swimming class in the west?
Hi Rata,

Will you consider joining Team JCC at Jurong Country Club? They have a competitive team with an ex-Olympics China Coach coaching the squad there.

Contact Jurong Country Club S&R reception for a trial lesson today 67086285.

Thanks,