All About Competitive Swimming

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:81

Re: All About Competitive Swimming

Post by zac's mum » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Kevin911 wrote:TQ for reply. What is the cost at Swimfast. Do they they ensure the kids get guidance in their strokes and are they do they monitor individual timings closely? Also is there additional $ to enter pool on top of their monthly fees?

Any contact for Swimfast?
Sorry without more info about your DS' level of proficiency, I can't advise the cost or most appropriate course for him.

All I know is my own DS is under Learn-to-Swim program. They teach the individuals strokes on a per term basis. For this stage there is stroke correction but no timings. Those kids who have mastered all the 4 strokes, they will move on to either SwimSafer track or semi-competitive track. I don't know in-depth details about those.

There is definitely no pool entry charge, since the school compound does not charge such a fee.

The contacts are: 9616 9128 or 8366 5522 or 6472 4288. Best to SMS/whatsapp. Alternatively call the landline during office hours.

Bob1345838828
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Bob1345838828 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:33 am

Kevin911 wrote:Hi All;

I am looking for a good and fair swim club for my boys 9 yrs old.

I was with ACE swim club for a few months but......
It seems that the head coach and one lady coach are very biased towards people who can get them medals at their interclub competition only. Non performing kids just numbers to fund their $$$. Just aimlessly swimming up and down with no correction of stroke. Must pay more to correct stroke! and out of sudden they just raised their fees. Sianzz. Even after paying fees still must pay pool entrance for kid and myself. The marketing woman of the club talk to us as though this club se be Tokong! Nonsense.

I heard bigger clubs like Swimfast etc just 1 charge, free parking n entrance fee. Anyone knows? :shrug:
Hi Kevin,

My child is in Ace, he is improving and is very happy there! :smile:

Kevin911
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Kevin911 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Your son should be a good swimmer.

Bob1345838828
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Bob1345838828 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Kevin911 wrote:Your son should be a good swimmer.
Hello Kevin,

On the contrary, he is just an average swimmer :shrug: . But he is improving. :kiss:

Astar Swim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Astar Swim » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:29 am

LunaRou wrote:Any of your children learning in SK? Which school is good to enrol?

Good review teaching!
https://www.facebook.com/pg/astarswim/r ... e_internal

Astar Swim! (an ACRA registered swim school)
PA (People Association)
MOE (education) endorsed trainer
contact Desheng @96527722!

Astar Swim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Astar Swim » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:33 am

Kevin911 wrote:Hi All;

I am looking for a good and fair swim club for my boys 9 yrs old.

I was with ACE swim club for a few months but......
It seems that the head coach and one lady coach are very biased towards people who can get them medals at their interclub competition only. Non performing kids just numbers to fund their $$$. Just aimlessly swimming up and down with no correction of stroke. Must pay more to correct stroke! and out of sudden they just raised their fees. Sianzz. Even after paying fees still must pay pool entrance for kid and myself. The marketing woman of the club talk to us as though this club se be Tokong! Nonsense.

I heard bigger clubs like Swimfast etc just 1 charge, free parking n entrance fee. Anyone knows? :shrug:

Good review teaching!
https://www.facebook.com/pg/astarswim/r ... e_internal

Astar Swim! (an ACRA registered swim school)
PA (People Association)
MOE (education) endorsed trainer
contact Desheng @96527722!

bananamama
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by bananamama » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:17 pm

Hello! Are there any expert parents of competitive swimmers here? My son trains in the junior competitive team at Swimfast for the past few months but because I'm a working parent, I don't send/watch him during his sessions. Doesn't seem to be any feedback or communication from the Coach either. Should I send him for time trials and randomly enter him in races myself or... what? Am super lost! Appreciate any insights, TIA!

swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by swimironkids » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:08 am

bananamama wrote:Hello! Are there any expert parents of competitive swimmers here? My son trains in the junior competitive team at Swimfast for the past few months but because I'm a working parent, I don't send/watch him during his sessions. Doesn't seem to be any feedback or communication from the Coach either. Should I send him for time trials and randomly enter him in races myself or... what? Am super lost! Appreciate any insights, TIA!
Hi
you can drop me any questions if unclear as I still coach at swimfast as their relieve coach only becos I hv my own squad to train.
I still coach at ACS Primary Barker Road for their CCA swimming every Mon and Wed
I try to assist you if you hv any questions
cheers! :xedfingers:

duckeroo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by duckeroo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:36 pm

klo44w wrote:
duckeroo wrote:Hi,

Does anyone knows if the swim team at Jurong Country Club has transferred to other club & is their Coach Zhao Yi still coaching in Singapore? I'm interested to find out more about their team for my kids. I stay at the west side and would like to let my kids try out for competitive swimming. Thk u vy much.
The bulk of the JCC swimmers have moved to either SAC or APSC. Coach Zhao is back in China. Do check out SAC at MGS Blackmore or APSC at ACS(I) or ACJC (I think).
Thk u for the info. My child is with a private competitive swimming coach and has made progress but I feel more can be done cos the coach can only offer once a week training for now which I feel is not sufficent. So now, im thinking of sending my child to SAC or APSC too.

We still want to stick with the current coach as my child has many friends there and enjoys the training sessions. Anyone knows whether is it possible to join 2 different swim schools?

Also besides SAC and APSC, r there any other competitive swim schools in the West I can consider?

Thk u vy much :)

OmeOmine
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by OmeOmine » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:28 pm

What plans do you have for your children this school holiday?

How about learning a new skill, for FREE!

Aegir Waterpolo Club is conducting “Intro-to-Waterpolo Program” for anyone between 8 to 12 years old.

Venue: Toa Payoh Swimming Complex
Time: 2-4pm
Every Sunday from 26 May to 24 June

Want to find out more, contact:
Coach Yulei: 94243393
Coach Yida: 98712532

https://m.facebook.com/aegirpolo/