All About Competitive Swimming

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents
QueenC18
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: All About Competitive Swimming

Post by QueenC18 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:08 am

Hello! I am a professional swimming coach. If you need a swimming coach for your child, just send me a message. Thank you.

ypurple
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by ypurple » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:44 pm

Hi I’m Looking for a semi competitive program for my 7 year old around ang mo kio . Any suggestions? thanks

SeongheeKim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:12

Post by SeongheeKim » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:22 pm

Swimming Interest Group For masters swimming or triathlon enthusiasts
https://www.facebook.com/tampinessc/pho ... 569077520/

swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by swimironkids » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:38 pm

Open for intake
Learn to Swim, Semi Competitive & Competitive only at Sengkang Swimming Complex
I got your kidz covered from beginners right up to Competitve
Contact me 93887383 if you re interest

flowstate
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by flowstate » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:48 am

Help Swimmers Gain a Competitive Edge - A Glimpse into a Swimmer's Nutrition Plan (Parents Version)
https://glimpse-into-swimmers-nutrition ... eatix.com/

Stacey_Bloomix
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Stacey_Bloomix » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:57 pm

fable wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:10 pm
Our attitude is that competitive sport (not necessarily swimming) is an opportunity for a kid to develop grit - to fail at something, and discover in themselves (hopefully) the determination to continue to fight to improve. With our school system being highly intolerant of failure, this is a safe place to focus on growth rather than on winning. So while our son is not really supremely talented in anything, and even though his parents are not tall, we have encouraged him to pursue his interests - in music, academic subjects and various sports. It is unlikely that he is going to be world class (or even best in Singapore) at anything, but just striving to be better is, we think, a worthwhile cause. And will hopefully have a spillover effect on his academic endeavours and his life.

Just my 2 cents :)
I personally wish that this spirit stays strong in Singapore but sadly we do not have that much of a competitive sporting culture compared to the USA, always taking a backseat to paper academics.

chloekoh1975
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by chloekoh1975 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:02 pm

My son was a competitive swimmer back in secondary school. Definitely had helped shaped his character (realised he had became a much more determined person). Training for secondary school swimmers are usually really tough and he complained to me some of the times haha. However, he had managed to get into his JC of choice through an appeal due to swimming :)