Water Polo

Use this forum to discuss grooming sports and athletic talents

Developing Boys 10yrs and above to train Water Polo

Postby Cool » Wed May 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Hi Parents or guys

Queenstown water polo club historically well known in Singapore and currently start recruiting young boys to developing National levels.

Historically, National team consider huge number from QTWP and currently we have ex-national players and foreign players (US, Turkey, Japan, France, Korea, Australia) coming back to train and develop the next generation.

Anyone keen please PM

http://www.swimming.org.sg/affiliates.html

Cool
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Water Polo Class - Bedok

Postby dilnah » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:27 pm

My P4 son has just passed his Gold swimming survival test and is bored with swimming laps. I think that it would be a pity for him to totally stop swimming and was considering getting him to take up water polo. Unfortunately his school doesn't offer any water based sport other than sailing (ds not interested).

Noticed that there is a water polo class at Bedok pool. Has anyone had any experience with that group and coach?

Would appreciate any advise on this.

dilnah
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Cool » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:48 am

hi, you call post me your contact, I know Bedok coach very well.

Meanwhile, to take up water polo is very much diff from swimming, it make you big tougher and teamwork etc

Cheers

Cool
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby dilnah » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Brought ds to bedok pool to let him join in the training and see if he's interested. He's ok with it so far and only complaint is that it's tough. I told him that it will help build his overall strength and he's making friends and enjoying learning more about the sport.

dilnah
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lordndrew » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:00 pm

hi dilnah, if your son is really interested to pick up waterpolo, a good and proper foundation is very important. if a child picks up the wrong foundation from the start, it will be very difficult for them to change when they grow older.

i myself am a waterpolo player and i train at Queenstown. for more information, drop me a private message or lordndrew@gmail.com
likewise, feel free to call or sms at 90032744.

lordndrew
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kiasuson » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:18 pm

Where can I get the information on the Water Polo schools or club especially those at the East? My boy pick up Water Polo as a CCA in school and are keen to join a club to have more experience.

kiasuson
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Water Polo

Postby tankee » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:13 pm

The team manager of The Singapore Water Polo team for South East Asian Games Laos is recuriting & promoting water polo ....

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... php?t=9282

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Water Polo

Postby biniv300 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:47 pm

tankee wrote:The team manager of The Singapore Water Polo team for South East Asian Games Laos is recuriting & promoting water polo ....

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... php?t=9282

what is water polo??

biniv300
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby beemum » Fri May 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi,

May I know if any club or place for my 10 years old son to join water polo or flippa ball?

Thanks in advance for your recommendation.

beemum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby metz2 » Sat May 23, 2015 12:02 am

beemum wrote:Hi,

May I know if any club or place for my 10 years old son to join water polo or flippa ball?

Thanks in advance for your recommendation.

Is Queenstown Swimming Complex near your place? The Queenstown Water Polo Clubs trains there. My son joined the club in P5. Some kids joined them when they were 8 or 9 years old. You can call them up for a free trial. Their website is http://www.queenstownwaterpolo.com/ .

Just some info on their training schedule. The kids train twice a week, on Tue and Thursday. Friday is for makeup lessons. Each session lasts 2 hours, 4.30pm to 6.30pm. If the kids can make it on Sunday, they have water polo games/matches too.

Those who are serious about the sports will benefit greatly from the training sessions. For those who are not into serious sports like my son, water polo is a great activity for relaxation.

metz2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Sports, Fitness & Athletics