All About Puberty

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
AnneS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Re: All About Puberty

Post by AnneS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:41 am

Camcwq wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:25 pm
Hi Parents!

I have been interacting with my cousins and many female kids around pri 4-sec 1 and I realise that sex education in school are not sufficient in their content, would like to find out your thoughts if parents will be willing to send their children to external one-off classes that cover topics such as,menstruation and puberty changes?

Do voice your thoughts as I really would like to know! Thank you! :)

This sounds good. Would it cost anything or would it be for free? :smile:

ShaoYuan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ShaoYuan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi! My name is Shao Yuan, my friends and I are working on a project trying to understand the challenges faced by parents of kids aged 9-12, including puberty and other big life changes. I hope that this is an okay channel to share this, and if it is not i will take this message down but We created this super super quick and easy 3 minute survey and would really appreciate anyone willing to share their experiences with us :)

https://harvard.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/f ... 2j2n8G8lTf

Do reach out if you have any questions or I can help in any way!😀
my email is shaoyuan_chewchia@college.harvard.edu

Gilian039
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Gilian039 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:51 am

Puberty was awkward enough when I was going through it myself. I was hesitant if I can help my children go through it. Glad I found this thread and some articles online. Helped me a lot!