All About Bullying

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
mondecoinmetier
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Bullying

Post by mondecoinmetier » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:30 pm

Sigh... different time now! Parents today don't really teach the way those days were. They either pamper their child a lot or leave them alone. It is very difficult to interfere. Good parents would value the traditions while new ones forget how they were once brought up.

natgoh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by natgoh » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:08 pm

Hi, sorry if topic is a bit off.. but anybody encounter school teacher that "bully" your child?

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:16

Post by cherrygal » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:56 am

natgoh wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:08 pm
Hi, sorry if topic is a bit off.. but anybody encounter school teacher that "bully" your child?
Yes! Not off topic. DS met a very acid-tongued and sarcastic teacher who does not respond to requests for advice or consultations. Even if he replies, it would be cryptic comments that make you scratch head. I personally saw those replies. Teens are already so stressed and easily hurt, why must a teacher behave like this?

BranT
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by BranT » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:23 am

There are teachers who does seem like bullying their student. Some would even have their own favorites which is not a good practice at all. This issue needs to be addressed, it can affect the child in so many ways...

LucyL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by LucyL » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:36 am

Bullying can be everywhere even some adults do bullying. Let's always check on our children and just make sure they don't do such things or if they have been bullied make sure to be there for them. Supporting them will have a huge part on their emotional being.

Tryingtobeagoodmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Tryingtobeagoodmum » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:46 am

Guess the really important part is to have your child to open up to you right? at least the child will open up if there he or she feels upset about something or action of somebody.

my nephew once had a teacher who is quite biased against him. whatever goes wrong, the teacher will just assume it's him. my nephew isn't even the naughty kind. it's horrible that a teacher will behave this way. lucky my sister sense it and had a talk to the teacher. else i really can't imagine the consequence it may have on my nephew. :(

eastparent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by eastparent » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:13 pm

I have my own fair share of bullying when I was in school.

You either get bullied by students bigger than you, richer than you, or more popular than you.

Luckily, it worked out for me cause I will hide in the library to escape from the bullies or digs into books to make myself too boring for them to continue their taunts.

Bullies are like lions on the prowl, they always bully the weakest lamb in the herd.

On hindsight, having an open relationship with your kid will help.
Try to send him for leadership courses so he can develop more self-confidence for himself to avoid making himself an easy target for the bullies.

CalvinS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CalvinS » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:50 pm

Bullying has a long term effect on a child. Mentally and emotionally. Open relationship can help a lot. Talk to your kid, be there for them.

Linaaa
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Linaaa » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:48 pm

Bullying can cause long-term emotional harm for children. Whether it’s physical, verbal or emotional doesn’t make a difference. It’s all equally harmful and can lead to anxiety, depression, loneliness, and more later in life. It is not to be taken lightly.

LucyL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by LucyL » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Dealing with bullies is never easy for a child. I make sure to always be there for my son and make sure to have open communication with them.