How to motivate your child to read independently?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
peasants
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:29

Re: How to motivate your child to read independently?

Post by peasants » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:14 pm

Most hard is to get started. My elder one starts with Sam and Anna book series that comes with a word recognition pen. Then the set passed down to younger one. From there curiosity would get them read here and there before settling down with Percy Jackson.

mrang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by mrang » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:52 pm

find a book that your child is interested in. once he has the momentum, u can introduce more books

Mama_Nana
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Mama_Nana » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:56 pm

I have started introducing big books to my son. He likes the illustrations and I am reading and doing role-play of the characters in the story. I guess it is effective even if he can't read yet because I saw him flipping the pages of his big books on his own and I can see in his eyes that he likes what he saw on the books.

foodandflights
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by foodandflights » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:38 am

get them to complete a certain number of pages or a specific topic of content in a day or in a week

Ostincram
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Ostincram » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:49 pm

If you want to reach great heights in academics and wish to conquer good marks at your school, college or university and thinking of expert help, then you can relax now, as this website will help you.

KatherineWomack
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by KatherineWomack » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:03 pm

My younger brother started to do it when the story mother has read to him was interested for him))

parrysmith
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by parrysmith » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:50 pm

In today’s blog post, we are going to share with you the file types and extension used in QuickBooks desktop. Thus, make sure to read this post till the end. However, you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support
Download QuickBooks Database server manager | QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085

CarolW
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by CarolW » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:22 pm

Introducing books as early as toddler years helps a lot. My eldest is growing up with the love of books. I'm happy I introduced books to him since he was 2 years old.

EarthQuek
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by EarthQuek » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:37 pm

CarolW wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:22 pm
Introducing books as early as toddler years helps a lot. My eldest is growing up with the love of books. I'm happy I introduced books to him since he was 2 years old.
Wonderful parent :please:
Your child will certainly be grateful when he/she starts winning story telling or compo writing competitions :rahrah: :rahrah:

EstherP
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by EstherP » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:17 pm

When your kids observe that you love to read, they’re more likely to develop a love of reading themselves.