All About Parenting Teenagers

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Re: All About Parenting Teenagers

Post by Estéema » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:48 pm

I believe in building a good relationship with kids, yet with order of respect as their parents. I do respect my kidz’ privacy & if they keep their distance or keep things fr me, I search my heart where I can make improvements to maintain a good balance of trust & respect. S’times we’ve to get in tune with our kids why they wld want not to share what’s going on with their lives. Was there a misunderstanding that I will meddle? Why do they fear losing their privacy? Hv I not taught them well to discern right fr wrong that they must hide in fear of judgement and they’ve to do things behind my back & go underground?

SeongheeKim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:12

Post by SeongheeKim » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:19 pm

Parenting Tuesday

Get parenting tips from fellow one-northers on how to be fun and supportive parents! No registration is required, so just walk in to join the sessions!

https://www.jtc.gov.sg/industrial-land- ... vents.aspx

The Sanctuary, Infuse, L14, Connexis South, one-north
​Every Tuesday
​12pm – 12:45pm

SeongheeKim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:12

Post by SeongheeKim » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:31 pm

Mother's Circle

Topic: Reconnect with our emotions
Who: For mothers-to-be and mothers
Cost: Complimentary
Duration: 60 - 90 minutes
Max. participants: 10 mothers

https://peatix.com/event/1388306/view

CheeLin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by CheeLin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:49 pm

Building a good relationship between your children can help you understand them. You need to ask what they are doing nicely as if you are his or her best friend. In that way, you'll know what problems they may have or what issues they can't solve.

foodandflights
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by foodandflights » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:52 am

stay honest with them and guide them along the way

GZhen14
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by GZhen14 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:26 pm

foodandflights wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:52 am
yes, that's right cause children need guidance along the way of their journey to becoming a teenager. Just make them feel that you as a parent is always there for them. also support those things they like and make them happy but doesn't destroy their future.

EstherP
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by EstherP » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:05 pm

foodandflights wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:52 am
yes, you need to be honest with your children so that they will trust you. they will share their problems and they are willing to share there secrets and dramas in life. Also, you need to guide them along the way in their journey as a teenager. Show them that you love them and they can trust you as their parents.

CarenL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CarenL » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:29 pm

being a parent will never be easy. it requires a lot of patient, understanding and strong well-being. so my only advice is you should take heart and enjoy what you are doing. love and understand your children.

TabNas
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by TabNas » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Thank you to those who gave me such beautiful ideas! I will surely use your advises and tips!

KeeChoo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by KeeChoo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:19 pm

In Parenting teenagers, you should always remember to tell them that they should be open. You should make them feel loved.