All About Teaching Values

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
oh Siong
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: All About Teaching Values

Post by oh Siong » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:27 pm

HasnaN1977 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:50 pm
oh Siong, I checked it and it is really good! I like how you incorporate the 5 Love Languages in building a better relationship with your children! :goodpost:
thanks for the affirmation...
was still apprehensive in the beginning, don't know whether to start posting or not

motherhen2
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by motherhen2 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:52 am

i saw a recent post on mothership, on the topic of skin colour and the experiences of children in school. Parents do need to take the first step in inculcating moral values to the children. Any experiences of your children in school to share, on this note?

LeilKhor18
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by LeilKhor18 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:02 pm

Be a role model to your kids, and they will just follow

peasants
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:29

Post by peasants » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:07 pm

Parents must have integrity, strong principle, walk the talk, back up with proof and facts. If I want my kids to run fast, I will be running faster. I love communicate with multiracial friends, feels at home. This is why my kid learn Malay language as a start. Never looked back.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:157

Post by lee_yl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:39 pm

Yes, parents must have integrity, do not have clones. Must have right values, do not put down other people’s schools to raise one’s child’s school.

GeneL1976
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by GeneL1976 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:44 pm

lee_yl wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:39 pm
Yes, parents must have integrity, do not have clones. Must have right values, do not put down other people’s schools to raise one’s child’s school.
Very well said, we should show to our kids the right value as they will follow you in the future

dannyc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by dannyc » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:51 pm

Teach kids good value as early as you can and you'll be happy with the results when you see them with the right value. Values can't be brought, but can be learned.

CerlynR
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by CerlynR » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:01 am

Growing up with the right values, I'm confident my child will grow up to be a good person w/ so much good values.Any obstacles he/she might have won't be that difficult for them

Sheena8
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Sheena8 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:37 pm

Many parents think that it's premature to teach values to a toddler or preschooler. But that's a misconception. Here are the values that all children should develop by their fifth birthday, and some easy ways to make them stick.
https://www.parents.com/parenting/bette ... -age-five/

XtremePerson999
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by XtremePerson999 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:01 pm

We are a Project Work Group researching on the communuication between parents and children. We would really appreciate it if you could help us with a very short survey below. Thanks!
https://forms.gle/ti6LQbBJoCAD1NM9A