Working with P3 stress

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Working with P3 stress

Postby shn » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi anyone willing to share how to cope a P3 girl whom feel like wanting to give up on her studies. She had been a good girl since she is in Kindergarten, produce a good score in P1 & P2(SA1). UNTIL here came my younger daughter. I believe that she is jealous of the time I spend on my younger daughter.
I found out from the teacher through a meeting that she suggest my daughter to go for a counseling. That might be the cause of jealousy.
Her school work had dropped trememously. I did have a so called alone time with her, asking whats her problem. AND let her suggest me what should I do instead. BUT the reason she give me is she hate school. Giving excuses that the teacher put her near the window that she cant stand the heat, friends calling her names, friend took her things, push her to fall, etc...
a couple of times, she actually doesn't want to attend school. she woke up & I force her to go school but she jus wont want to get off her bed, crying & making a fuss till the whole family was awake.

She in in the AM session, so every day after school, she will be at my side spending most of the time with me.
BUT I STILL DUN KNOW WHAT SHE WANTS?
I did went to look for the teacher reg the "kids complain" in school. but the teacher doesn't seems to give me an answer. she jus say that this P3 class of hers, alot need to go for counsel. She claimed that P3 in the "changing" time & most of them will change in terms of attitute, character , etc.
My girl now learn to talk back to me. not as "sweet" as last time she used to kiss & hug me before she sleep. she seems like a grown up & want to do things as & what she wish to .

shn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tankee » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:34 pm

since you do not know how to help your child, perhaps seeking professional help could be the answer.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Was it gradual or sudden change? Children are so complex these days....

Postby vlim » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:51 pm

I also agree with the teacher that p3 is the changing time as the students' workload will increase and there are one more new subject to handle, Science. When my ds was in p3 and he was in the top class, he also felt stress initially as there were increase of homework, house practise and so forth. So at that time, I have interacted with the teachers and straightened up some issue. I am glad that my ds's school teachers are all very approachable and willing to assist so any problems raised are solved quickly.
Continue to talk to the form teacher to solve your dd problems alternatively email the principal if need to as there might be something ' fishy' :| if so many of the students from the same class need couselling :shock:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:57 pm

maybe try ask the teacher to change seat for her. As if they are sitting with someone they dislike and annoying, they can feel very frustrating and affect them academically. Plus seat near to window can be very hot especially in the country 'crazy' hot weather. :x :?: Ask the form teacher to do something about it or email the principal..

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby shn » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:00 am

vlim wrote:I also agree with the teacher that p3 is the changing time as the students' workload will increase and there are one more new subject to handle, Science. When my ds was in p3 and he was in the top class, he also felt stress initially as there were increase of homework, house practise and so forth. So at that time, I have interacted with the teachers and straightened up some issue. I am glad that my ds's school teachers are all very approachable and willing to assist so any problems raised are solved quickly.
Continue to talk to the form teacher to solve your dd problems alternatively email the principal if need to as there might be something ' fishy' :| if so many of the students from the same class need couselling :shock:

Is your DS in MBS?
My girl changed since she was inher P2 mid. when my younger is ard 1 years old & starting to ask for attention . What i can do now is to wait for the school counsel to have a talk to her .
finger cross!!!

shn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:21 am

my ds was in mbs from p1 to p3. Now he is p5. I have a daughter who is 3 yr younger then my son. I could not remember whether my ds felt jealous after my dd is born but he could be very stubborn at time. So my husband and I would always try to make sure that we show equal loves to both of them. Oh ya he ever did say that he got scolded for quarrelling with mei mei and mei mei didn't get scolded by us..something like that. But now, both of them are pretty ok with each other.
One of my friends told me that her daughter , beginning of p1, would have stomach ach when it was time to go school and she also didn't like to go to school then. So after much 'investigation' my friend realised that there was a girl 'bully' who was in the same study group as her dd, liked to bully her dd. So she approached the form teacher and asked the form teacher to change group for her dd. The problem was then solved subsequently.
So don't give up. Continue to find the solution ... :hugs:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Working with p3 stress

Postby shn » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Oh my girl jus got counsel today . Conclusion positive !!! No emotional problems. Phew!!! Wat a relief! Maybe that tr abit k s but she is really helpful! I must thank the tr or else Till now, I myself still can't figure out my daughter need attention! Now she comlain tat she can't see the board clearly, poor vision reading books. So I brought her to optician! 2 opticians!!! Know what ??? While reading she complain she can't see those big letter words then optician say they suspect ard 200• deg!!! It give me a shock! Then she was taken to the computer screening ! Result came out was nothing....... both different shop sAy the same thing! I am really out of my wits! Dun know what will be her next move?

shn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Working with p3 stress

Postby vlim » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:25 pm

shn wrote:Oh my girl jus got counsel today . Conclusion positive !!! No emotional problems. Phew!!! Wat a relief! Maybe that tr abit k s but she is really helpful! I must thank the tr or else Till now, I myself still can't figure out my daughter need attention! Now she comlain tat she can't see the board clearly, poor vision reading books. So I brought her to optician! 2 opticians!!! Know what ??? While reading she complain she can't see those big letter words then optician say they suspect ard 200• deg!!! It give me a shock! Then she was taken to the computer screening ! Result came out was nothing....... both different shop sAy the same thing! I am really out of my wits! Dun know what will be her next move?

glad u have found the answer! :rahrah:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby shirley.tamzil » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:12 pm

I think with siblings, there bound to be jealousy. My DS1 & DS2 age gap is 6yrs, so DS1 (P3) will complain that I always 'play' with his brother and not him. I now arranged for DS2 to be placed in nursery school during the day so I can spend my time with my DS1. During the evenings, when DS2 is back home, then DS1 will get to spend some time with his dad while I play with DS2. This arrangements have been working quite well, sometime DS1 tells me that he misses his brother and can't wait for him to get home. I think will continue to do this until DS1 grows out of this attention craving stage.

For the complaints in school, take it seriously, talk to your daughter about it and show her that you care abt her problems. Probably she thinks that u pay attentions to her only bcos she has complains or problems. I think for these type of situations, need to be really patient and show her that u geniuinely care abt her (problems or not)....
:wink:

shirley.tamzil
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Working With Your Child