Teaching your child to take care of their body

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Teaching your child to take care of their body

Postby fo12eal » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi Guys

At what age did you start teaching your child to take care of their body??? As in no one is allow to touch certain part of their body. How did you tell your child???

Please share. Thanks

fo12eal
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby matrix0405 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:00 pm

Just tell them direct and for stanger, every part also cannot touch. Then give constant reminders.

matrix0405
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby BlueBells » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:54 am

I have 2 girls, so I started telling and re-iterating the fact that they should not allow anyone to touch them as soon as they can understand. I took the opportunity to tell them while bathing them when they were much younger, about 4 or 5 years old.

I reminded them specifically that even if a man claims to be a policeman, he also cannot body search them, only a policewoman can do so. It's a bit extreme maybe, but I told them if someone claims to be police, it is absolutely fine for them to still call 999 for the real police to arrive.

I also tell them that while in a clinic, if a doctor needs to examine them physicall, mummy or a nurse has to be around, otherwise, no.

And I send them for Taekwando classes too, and tell them to kick where it hurts if any stranger tries to grab them. :D

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Working With Your Child